Today I've found myself saying this phrase in my head numerous times...which is a nicer way of saying things that tick me off.
1) What is the point of ordered a non-fat hot chocolate if you order extra-extra whip cream? Doesn't that just add the calories back and then some?
2) Do people really still write checks at stores? Well yes as a matter fact they do...and I always end up in line behind them.
3) Extreme couponing is the worst thing that has happened to the normal couponer. You go to get a buy one, get one free item and alas the aisle is empty. You say to yourself, no biggie I'll just get the other items on my list. Ha ha joke is on you that aisle is empty too. At this the CVS lady will say, "You have to be here when the doors open on Sunday." What is this Black Friday? C'mon couponers you don't need a million toothpastes or body wash. Leave some for us normal folk.
4) Why is it that I finally get my garden to grow and some type of caterpillar has decided to demolish my beautiful growing broccoli plant? Apparently, white butterflies or moths like to lay eggs on broccoli and then these green caterpillars will appear and eat your broccoli. Google's reply to the question how to get rid of the pests, "Pick them off one by one and squish them." Oh yeah and don't forget to pick the eggs off one by one too or else you are right back where you started.
5) Why is it that after every time we have some rain I find ants in my house? I loathe these creatures, and I was just thinking in my head, "Wow since we've gotten new windows I haven't seen them by the sink." Cue ants crawling around my sink coming somewhere from my windowsill.
Sheww...I feel better now. At that I will leave on a positive note with another song I'm loving from Adele. I loved it when 311 redid this song, so of course I would also love when Adele sings it! :)
Glad someone else has thoughts like this too :) You make me laugh!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, yes. The ants do follow the rain. So annoying!!! And picking those things off and squishing them. GROSS!!
ReplyDeleteI hate how extreme couponing is breeding hoarders. Makes me crazy too!
I hate when people write checks in stores. REALLY?? REALLY???
ReplyDeleteOh girl - I am SO sorry to hear about the broccoli plants - something nasty took out all my squash plants last year and I was so frustrated!!! And checks in stores...I didn't know they even accepted those anymore - craziness!! Hope you have a better week!!
ReplyDelete#2. There is nothing worse than a check writer. except the check writer who doesn't even get the checkbook out until the cashier is finished.
ReplyDelete#3. Extreme couponing is just fancy words for CHEAP HOARDERS....
#4 and #5. Bugs are gross. No matter what kind.
GREAT Adele cover!! I wrote to The Ellen Show today to try to fulfill my quest....
glad you got all of that out! i don't know how i feel about broccoli now... little eggs on it and such makes me gag.
ReplyDeleteWhy is that sometimes bosses can't just go straight to the person and make you go ask the question? It really just lengthens the process.
ReplyDeleteI'm at my evening breaking point, so this post was much appreciated.
haha this made me laugh! I totally agree with the non-fat drink + a ton of whipped cream. People need to get a clue! And I HATE extreme couponing! It makes me so mad that I can never get any of the things on my list because people are greedy and take them all!
ReplyDeleteHaha! That is like watching someone order a big mac, super sized fries, and a diet coke! Lol. Loooove Adele! Good choice :)
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious! Yeh, I tried to do a little couponing at CVS, and every time I went everything was gone! So I quit! :)
ReplyDeleteOh gosh yes and I hate being looked at like I am crazy with my coupon file. It's just a small normal file sorter thing. I am not trying to hoard 10003 bottles of mustard. Just let me get a few decent deals and get out!!! Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteAnd people really write checks at stores? Oh goodness. Those poor cashiers!!! I used to work retail and I just didn't understand WHY if you have a check card did you even need to carry a checkbook!!!
I think it should be "Hmmmpph!" A little ranting here friend? Nothing beats blog therapy huh?
ReplyDeleteI have always been bewildered by the rain and ant collaborative project, too!
ReplyDeleteYou're hilarious! Love reading your random thoughts with an Adele song at the end. Glad I stumbled upon your fab blog.
ReplyDeleteMikka
http://mischmashbymikka.blogspot.com/
This was so entertaining to read! I laughed out loud at the extreme couponing statement. I hardly use any coupons at all but watch that EC show. You are so right!
ReplyDeleteOn another note, thanks for your nice words on my BFF post about my son's speech & that mean turtle over at Things I Can't Say. I appreciate it!
Following you now!
Yes, you can still write checks in stores. I know this for a fact because I forgot my debit card AND my credit card at home and went to Walmart and almost crapped in my pants when I was at the checkout with NO way to pay. Then, I remembered my checkbook. Thank goodness! Haha!!
ReplyDeleteha--so true chick..i am always behind crazy coupon lady who at the end of the ordeal writes a check! double boo! i too am an adele fan:)
ReplyDeleteLast year I grew squash and had squash bugs on it. Google said to pick them off and step on them. I had my husband throw the plants away and I did not grow them again this year. Gross.
ReplyDeleteUrgh, bugs. This is why I cannot have a garden. Or if I did, do any sort of gardening.
ReplyDeleteYeah, what's up with these couponers??
My goodness, I couldn't agree with you more about the extreme couponers! That made me laugh. I stopped shopping at stores like CVS and Rite Aid. I'll go there with 4 things on my list and walk out with 1--the other 3 things having fallen victim to the extreme couponers.
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking of starting a small garden. You'll have to let me know how your's goes this year. I'm not picking any bugs off of plants and squishing them though. :)
ReplyDeleteIf I have to pick bugs and eggs off my veggies it's just not worth it! That's disgusting! The bugs win!
ReplyDeleteThat was a funny list :). Too much couponing is just bad!
ReplyDeleteI hate "post-rain" ants too