Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Ramblings

Lately I've been contemplating on what I could do as a SAHM to bring some extra moolah into our household.  It's not like me not to be receiving a paycheck...I've been working since I was in high school.  However as many of you know I'm no Domestic Diva so there are no Etsy shops in my future.  Many of you SAHM lovely bloggers do work from the home, and I think why can't I do that?  Yet I cannot think of what I could or should do.  My background is in business...where I worked 7 years as a manager in a sales environment specifically finance.  I have a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, and I majored in business management.  I have a strong work ethic, and I'm a quick learner.  Any ideas out there?  Or better yet can I work for you? :) 

On another note...I am loving this Adele song:
Adele why can't your concert tickets be cheaper?  Please answer my friend Sara's letter and get her to that concert!

18 comments:

  1. I have a friend who does some work at home for different accountants. Her background is in psychology so she was able to teach herself whatever she needed to know in order to do this job. And apparently it makes good money! Just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a little restless? I'm sure you will find something that will fufill your itch! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that bookeeping for small companies can be fairly lucrative, pretty easy, and doesn't take a whole bunch of time (plus you could do at night after Nolan's in bed or while he's napping?!) But..when would you blog:) You could also add some ads to your blog - I have no idea how much people make with the blogs ads but it could be worth looking into!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would check your local careerbuilder or monster.com for work at home options. Sounds like you've got a lot to offer. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. That song is one of my favorites :-)

    What about some consulting work? Or, there's lots of freelance writing things out there- maybe you could write business articles? I don't know. Esty's out of the question for me too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same business background (but I also have an accounting degree). I wonder too sometimes what I could do business-wise from home. I know I could always do taxes, but it's so hard with a little one. Have you looked at any free-lance jobs? Maybe even editing/proofreading?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always thinking of things I can do from home for work. So far I haven't found much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you come up with something, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought of working from home as well, but obviously, I couldn't come up with anything good enough, hence, I'm getting my buns back to work. I hope you can find something that suits you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think about this ALL the time for when I actually have babies. I'm not really an Etsy person, either. Besides, to have a successful Etsy shop, it really takes LOTS of time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck finding something! I hope you do! I have no ideas, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this song too, thanks for sharing. happy monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. if i could figure out the WAHM thing, i would totally do it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww- no worries girl- something will come through. ps love this blog and that song! xo so glad i came across it1

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you find something! I bet you would do an awesome job at whatever you chose to do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How about setting up an online business selling cloth diapers?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure I have any ideas - but once you find one - please share. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was asking myself the other day why her concert tickets had to be so expensive! ek! I do love her though. She is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips