Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Can I Put in a Call for Back Up?

Yeah that's right I'm requesting back up in my neck of the woods. Next week my husband is leaving for 3 whole days...I repeat 3 whole days. That means 3 long days/nights with just baby boy and me. It might not sound like a lot, but when you're a stay at home mom you look forward to seeing that husband of yours to just give you at least 10 minutes of relief. Now I am going to have to mentally prepare myself knowing there is not going to be any tag team for a few days and that I'm going to have grab myself by the boot straps to muddle through it. Any ideas out there to occupy myself and the bundle of joy? Suggestions WANTED scratch that-suggestions desperately NEEDED!

19 comments:

  1. I wish I lived nearby, I would totally help! Good luck with everything!

    P.S. Thanks for following my blog!Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These situations put me in panic mode but thankfully I have my mother as back up. My advice, get as many things prepared before your hubby leaves - ie, pre-cook your meals as well as baby's meals. Plan your daily schedule for those 3 days. Meet up with friends who have babies as well and go for play dates so that times passes by faster. I hope you do have someone to call for back up. All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine is presently gone (wed-sun) on a guy's golf trip....bring your bottle of wine and come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plan on lots of fun stuff- things you love to do with your boy. Then plan a fun night out once hubby is home- either a date night or a night out with the girls so that you can relax!

    Found you through Shell's post today- just getting out and meeting some new people! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your pain all too well! Craig has traveled since before Kate was born. It is hard, but you'll get through it! Stay strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Good luck Girl!!!

    If I was near you, I would totally offer to make you dinner or something. You know, because I'm not so good with the babies :-)

    Hopefully those three days will fly by, and if not, I see a guilt mani/ pedi in your near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 weeks is indeed a long time so I'd feel the same way. Hope your family and friends can give you some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll be great, Natalie, don't worry! Plan some fun outings with friends, get together with family if they're nearby and the 3 days will whiz by! I've been alone for many a weekend and a few months ago, he was away for over 3 weeks! And we got on just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would suggest hanging out with me, but that may be too much walking to get here. My hubby has been gone for 3 days and just came back yesterday. I did the boring things of cleaning my house, and watching tv.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! My husband has left before overnight as well and it's not fun. My best advice is relax like crazy once the baby is in bed. Oh, and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. been there. the hubs has left for as long as a week. mama, baby and dog had to rock it out. i tried not to think about him being gone and instead focus on what i had to do. made it easier since i knew there was no backup coming. also, i planned play dates and activities to do around his nap time and just tried to keep us busy so he wouldn't notice too much that his daddy wasn't home. good luck. you'll be fine. you'll also pass out when your husband gets back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOOD LUCK! Unfortunately, I can't share any advice :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can come stay at my parents' for a while with me, LOL!

    But really, do you have some good friends nearby? I find just having them over or going to their house helps while they can hold the baby for half an hour.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Plan time out of the house, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I suggest joining #wineparty on Twitter on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh girl - sounds like you are going to need LOTS of activities:) I've made it almost 2 days so the hubs could do a weekend golf trip and I just tried to keep busy with activities. I wish I lived closer and could help you out!!! OOHhh...or I got it...start planning your 3 day vacation;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no! Email me and let me know what days...maybe I can visit. My sister is coming to visit next week, but maybe we can work something out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh chick, I heAr ya!! Wish I had some amazing advice:) I hope the time flies, and he is back asap:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhhhh, I would be stressing out, too!! Invite some friends over and let them play with baby boy for a little while!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips