Monday, June 20, 2011

Let's Do This

Ok, ok I know everyone has seen those corny 5-Hour Energy commericals with that famous phrase. It always seems so awkward when they use that line. Anyhow, I just wanted to start this week on the right foot my mentioned some things I am excited about:

1) I am super excited about received some new cloth diapers from Kelly's Closet. If you purchase $39 worth you get a free cloth diaper! That's a huge deal. Does it make me a nerd now that I get excited about something like diapers? Ah well...they are so fun and in such bright colors!

2) We are going on a mini-vacay of the 4th of July! I love to travel, but since we've had the little one this has been on hold. However, we are getting back in the groove by visiting a little town that will have hikes in the mountains (my husband loves hiking and camping), 4th of July festivities such as a parade and fireworks, and some golf rounds. This is also a trip to celebrate my husband's birthday...which is tomorrow! Best of all, my in-laws are going so I might, just might have some alone time with the husband. What...that's unheard of these days!

3) I had a coupon to spend $10 at JCPenney and $10 Kohl's cash to spend yesterday, and I scored some super cute outfits for the baby boy. I couldn't help myself in buying a few 4th of July outfits that he'll be able to sport when we got on vacay!

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day and hope you get a good start to your week!
(Laid back relaxin' and trying to take his diaper off...that's just how Nolan does it...gangsta style!)

28 comments:

  1. It is so fun to buy clothes and then get excited about an upcoming vacation! We are now on the other side of it and glad to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby clothes are the best! he is adorable, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for clothing coupons! I bet you found some cute stuff!

    And double yay for an upcoming vacation! I hope y'all will have a wonderful time and I'll look forward to hearing about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're my inspiration! I have wanted to do those diapers for a while and never have. Yay for trips for the 4th! I love going away for holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for vacation! That sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cuteness on that Nolan! oh friend, I wish you were closer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. new clothes and vacations are two of the best things in my world right now.. lol! it's the little things, right? we've also put travel on the back burner since having C- but we're diving head first back into the groove with two trips later this year! despite the anxiety-inducing thought of flying ANYWHERE with a baby... i'm totally excited! your 4th of July getaway sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, vacay. Jealous. Have fun and have a great time celebrating your husband's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm so excited for you - about the diapers and vacation. Hope you'll have a great time and take a well deserved break. That is one gangsta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for free spending money!! He is so cute and 4th of July happens to be my favorite holiday, so I can't wait to see his little red, white and blue outfits :-)

    Have so much fun on your trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love to camp too!

    LOVE the picture of your precious baby boy... he looks like he's just chilling:P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for vacations and cute cloth diapers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FREE cloth diaps is DEF something to be excited about and so is a 4th of July vacation!!! And free money to spend on clothes for Nolan...I think "Let's Do This" is totally appropriate:) Hope ya'll had a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore his cute little posture in that chair! You make me laugh about your cloth diaper love. I have one other blog friend who gets giggly happy about them too!

    So glad you're about to go on a little getaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! Love that photo. Love to shop for those trips

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Kohl's for baby clothes. How nice you get to go on vacation for 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your 4th of July jaunt is super fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 4th of July vacation is most definitely something to get excited about, especially since there is some potential one on one time spent with your other half.
    Nolan looks so cute trying to undress himself. Haha

    PS: I don't know if I ever told you this, but I've got a friend who's name is Natalie and has a little boy named Nolan. It's just funny to me :-) You're husband's name is not John is it? 'Cause that would just be weird!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad y'all got your vacay planned! And yay for diaper deals!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This will be the first year in many that we aren't taking a mini-vacay over the fourth. But I guess bringing home a new baby will be just as exciting! Have fun. Small town festivities are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love when I get JCP cash! It's so fun to go shopping without spending money. And yay for your upcoming vacation! I hope that you do get some time with just your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How exciting! A vacay!!! He looks like he's up to no good in that picture. And if I were in your shoes, I'm sure I would get excited about diapers too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love to travel too! And it's been the same for us, put on hold since becoming parents!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A Fourth of July vacay sounds perfect right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cute is he! He is just sitting there chillin! Nothing like a good coupon. Hope you found good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips