****WARNING THIS POST MENTIONS BABY POOP****
As I was changing my baby boy's diaper, he let out the grunt. You know the poop grunt. It's like his little alarm for me to know, "Hey mom I'm now sitting in my own poop over here come change me!" Well at this point he is diaperless, and I'm like holy crap (no pun intended) what am I going to do...he's about to poop in my hand or the rug. So I quickly stick the clean diaper underneath him, and I literally watched him play-by-play poop on the diaper. I felt like I was watching one of my dogs doing the deed...it was so freakin' weird! I almost thought I was violating his privacy and that I needed to look away or snap the diaper up. Maybe I should have given him a newspaper to read or something?
Also what is up with the smell of baby pee becoming so stinky once they start solids? Those cloth diapers in the morning are screaming, "Help me, help me!" Not to mention Nolan is like the heaviest wetter ever. I will share my nighttime cloth diaper system that prevents any leaks for the heavy wetter. I use the bumGenius 4.0 with the big insert that comes with it, and then I stick an indian prefold behind it. That diaper has to way about 5 lbs in the morning because it's holding so much pee! But hey no leaks...which means I don't have to change the crib sheet a million times.
Sorry to bombard you with baby poop first thing in the morning...hope you've had your coffee already. :)
I'm so blase about baby poop, I worry myself sometimes LOL. I've had to deal with pulling poop out....okay, I won't go there!
ReplyDeleteoh, I love the disclaimer! Should I warn you now about when he can take the diaper off himself? NO? Ok, I'll save that.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day friend...wish you were close enough to join us too! Wouldn't we be a ball of fun?!
Kristen
Sounds like good times at your house
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one that writes about baby poop. Awww...the joys of motherhood :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha...I can imagine you doing that so clearly in my mind. I never dared trying to cloth diaper my girl for nights because I'm too lazy to clean up the leaks. I'm also using bum genius but not sure what version it is.
ReplyDeleteLove the warning! I have had this happen with my boys as well. It's a very odd thing to sit there and watch it all take place.
ReplyDeleteOh, baby poop. I am refusing to think about it until I have to. My current youngest is 5 so I've been out of diaper duty for awhile.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm going to try to train the new baby to only poop when daddy is home. ;)
That's too funny. I was going to write a post on this too. Haha.
ReplyDeleteIt has happened to me a couple of times too. I wasn't as lucky as you, since most of hers ended up on our wall.
And oh.my.gosh. the smell is insane once they start solids!
Oh no!!! We've had the tub but never this - quick thinkin' on your part but I agree, it could be a bit akward:) Hope ya'll are having a great week:)
ReplyDeleteLaughing out loud, Natalie! Just another day in the life of a momma!
ReplyDeleteI've had those moments that are too close for comfort and you are witness the excretion process. :) Yucky!
ReplyDeleteIf it keeps the bed dry, layers sound great to me. I hated finding a wet bed in the morning.
ReplyDeleteLOL. This post doesn't bother me one bit. 6 months ago, yes, but now, it's all good.
ReplyDeleteBTW I was expecting another beach pic today and I was going to post one too, but then I got lazy!
ReplyDeletehilarious! i haven't had this experience yet. i have seen him stop all activity to poop and just stand there and it looks like a gremlin is about to pop out the back of his pants. yeah... that wasn't gross at all.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, when you mentioned the heavy diaper....I SO remember those! My son was horrible about that, and he was always thirsty too, so I thought I'd never get him potty trained. As it was, he was about 4 before it happened and a whole lot later for nighttime!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, it smells horrendous!
At least you had the sense to grab the diaper!! Otherwise, you'd have had a huge mess on your hands! And yay for overnight diapers that don't leak :)
ReplyDeleteHysterical. Seriously, I've been in your shoes... and it is SO strange. And I agree about the pee, you can smell it from miles away!
ReplyDeletehaha oh no! So glad you were able to keep it from getting all over the floor, or your hand!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha.... You poor thing :-( When he's got to go, he's got to go!!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha!! At least you warned us about it before you started in on the poop! I'm glad you didn't catch it in your hand!
ReplyDelete