Monday, May 2, 2011

Little Baby Friends :)

This past week Nolan and I went to visit my friend Laura and her baby boy Ethan. The boys are only 15 days apart. Laura and I used to work together, and then she moved away to a different city. Next thing we knew we were both pregnant! It was so nice to be able to share that experience with someone and to discuss all the not-so-great effects of pregnancy. We enjoyed the nice weather and went to shop in an outside shopping area with our boys in their strollers. It was actually really relaxing being with another mommy because you don't have to go into explanations when you have to stop to change a diaper, feed, or tend to an unhappy baby. It's like some unspoken acknowledgement in mommy world that these actions are all expected. There's no explaining of why we have to stop now because if we don't X, Y, and Z will happen later. That's how I also feel about the mommy blog world. It's like a worldwide support group at the tip of your fingers. You don't have to go through the hows and whys because everyone knows exactly what you are talking about. So thank you mommy bloggers for accepting me into your world with open arms!

Here's some pics of our boys checking each other out!

13 comments:

  1. Such cute little buddies! I wish I lived nearby so Matthias and I could meet you all sometime! Our little guys have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute babies! I love seeing babies play together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby playdates are some of the cutest kind of playdates. Glad you got a day out with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are so cute!

    And it really is so nice to have a mom friend who lives nearby and has a baby about the same age- it's how I made it through those first few years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, cute pics! They're like BFFs already :)

    And yes, understanding mama friends are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those boys are adorable together and are clearly happy to be hanging out on the floor! Hope you had a fantastic weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - I just got all sorts of warm fuzzy feelings!! How sweet these two little boys are together:) They just look like they are having the best time together!!

    And..I'm totally with you on the mommy friends and the mommy blog world - I feel so incredibly lucky to have both - its makes a world of difference:) Hope you guys are having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That so awesome that you've got a friend who's baby is the same age as Nolan. They are both so cute!
    I love hanging out with new mommies. They make things easy for me. I'm glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ethan and I had a great time as well. Can't wait to get them together again soon. And yeah...I'm just going to hold your ice pack hostage until you ship over that bottle of Skinny Girl Margarita lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your words made me smile. the pictures of the babies made me smile more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!!! So much cuteness all on one page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! They will have so much fun growing up together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable pictures!!! Well, I should say adorable babies, they make the pictures good, after all. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips