I couldn't imagine not being able to pinch this guy's little cheeks!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
On a Serious Note
Yesterday I attended a funeral for my close friend's step-dad. It's been awhile since I have been to one...since my grandfather passed away a few years ago. However it got me to thinking on how short life is and how we really do not know when it is our time to go or our precious loved ones. A few days ago I was just watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition where a 16 year old died because she lost control of her truck on a straight road while she was texting. How sad is that? I mean the end of your life because of a text message? The mother was actually the first one on the scene. I can't imagine the devastation she must have felt when she saw that truck. So I know I'm usually not one for posting serious posts on this blog, but I felt the need after yesterday. Make sure to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you because you never know when it will be the last time you get a chance.
I couldn't imagine not being able to pinch this guy's little cheeks!
I couldn't imagine not being able to pinch this guy's little cheeks!
Labels:
Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh. I know what you mean. My FIL died in January and it's just terrible, even still. Every event there's just this noticeable void.
ReplyDeleteAmen! Couldn't agree with you more! Hugs and kisses all around!
ReplyDeleteYes, we have to cherish all our little moments. No regrets ever.
ReplyDeleteI should probably stop texting and tweeting while driving. We do need to spend time cherishing our little ones. They won't always be that way.
ReplyDeleteIt's very true and also scary how short life can be. Definitely makes you appreciate the moments you have.
ReplyDeleteVery true. Live life to the fullest, and love each other :)
ReplyDeleteThis post is so touching and so true! I faced a medical emergency with someone very dear to me who we almost lost, and he was only 27, last year and it reminded me that life is short and even if you are young and healthy it could end tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteAlso, your comments this morning made my day and how sweet of you to go back and check out my Picnic Proposal one too! I hope you are having a Terrific Tuesday filled with some happier times!
Your little one is adorable and lucky to have you! Sending a few extra smiles your way! :) :) :)
Liesl :)
yes--so true:)couldn't agree more! love that pict too:)
ReplyDeleteIt's so sad when people leave us (suddenly or unexpectedly) and things are left unsaid. It's important to say the words and act lovingly to those who matter, because you never know when it's too late :-(
ReplyDeleteAmen! In total agreement.
ReplyDeleteI agree it is good to reflect and appreciate the little things like your babies cheeks
ReplyDeleteEvery moment is a gift! :o) keep pinching those cute little cheeks!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder Natalie. Never take your loved ones for granted and cherish every moment you have with them. I got teary reading this.
ReplyDeleteAAWWW - this is SO true. Life is such a precious thing and too often we get caught up in everything that is swirling around us and forget to take a minute and tell those we love just how much they mean to us. Thank you so much for this post - we all need a reminder every now and then:)
ReplyDeleteIt's so scary how short life can be! I agree, we definitely need to tell our loved ones how much they mean to us more often!
ReplyDeleteSuch a good post & all so true!
ReplyDeleteThoughts like that ran over me like a freight truck after I became a mom! I became much more aware of mortality than I ever had been!
It is always good to have a reminder to cherish every moment. Things change way to fast. xoxo
ReplyDelete