1) Why do I always find myself behind the car that is constantly braking? You know the car that sees a leaf in the road or a car going the opposite direction and just has to use that brake pedal. It drives me bonkers! Not to mention your internal instinct makes you want to push the brake too! ARGH!
2) Why do people find it necessary to ride your bumper when you are behind a long line of cars and can't go anywhere? Yeah guess what...riding my bumper is not going to get you where you are going any faster. Jokes on you because this week the cop pulled you over when you tried to speed past everyone!
3) Why do people go through the drive-thru at Sonic? I never understood this...especially if the line is wrapped around the whole place. Wouldn't make more since to have already put in your order at the little stand? UM DUH! Of course you are going to get your food/drink faster because YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PLACED AN ORDER!
4) Have people forgotten how to use their blinkers? I mean really was it totally necessary for you to pull out in front of me just to be making the next turn WITHOUT SIGNALING?
5) Why do I always find myself the people that are from out of town that have no idea where they are going? It never fails that I'll be in the left lane while other people are flying past me in the right lane because guess who is in front of me....an OUT OF STATE plate!
6) Ok this is non-car related, but must make the list. Why in the world do I have a wrong number call at 5am??? Who is calling to chat at 5am and for that matter it's happened twice!
There you go, the lessons of the week. Head over and share what you learned this week! Have a great weekend!
In Florida - no one uses their blinkers. Drives me batty! (I use my blinker in parking lots when there is no one else around!)
ReplyDeleteI usually brake for squirrels, ducks etc. This morning, sadly I couldn't brake for the turtle without causing an accident. He's got a hard shell, right?
OMG! I am sooooo there with you with all these issues. Blinkers, seriously, use them. And next time some random calls yours house that early, take down their number and call them back at an even more obscene hour! lol. happy friday!
ReplyDeleteHaha...I can't stand people who do not use their signal lights and who loves to tailgate me. Drives me bonkers too.
ReplyDeleteGreat list! We continually get a call in the middle of the night for a number of doctors. While we've pleaded to stop calling...but they still call.
ReplyDeleteI don't get the whole blinker misuse thing. It is a pet peeve of mine. Not just when people don't use it (annoying!), but when they leave it on for mile after mile! Grrr...
ReplyDeleteThe car thing that has been pissing me off lately is the ones that don't move over to allow me to merge onto the highway! Argh!! I may or may not have expressed my disgust at this with a hand gesture . . . not the finger but something more like an Italian insult.
ReplyDeleteI am also with you with the whole early morning wrong number thing. About once every other month we get a phone call between 3 and 4 am from a f*cking fax machine . . . we don't have a fax.
Jenn
This was entertaining to read! Do you know what is awful? My father-in-law throws stuff at cars that are riding his bumper on the freeway. He will actually launch peanut butter M & Ms at a car behind him if they are tailing him too much. It's humiliating!
ReplyDeleteSo, where I'm from in NY? Is really close to Canada. And as much as I love my Canadian friends/ bloggers and I'm about to make people mad.... they are the worst drivers , EVER. they seem to be fine in Canada but then they come over the border and it's a different story:-)
ReplyDeleteAnd I love Samantha's suggestion about the wrong number caller....
I agree on all car points. I also always get behind the person who has never driven in rain, or snow, or anything but sunny skies. GRrrrr
ReplyDeleteI hate, hate, hate wrong # calls at "bad hours" of the night - always makes my heart race :(
ReplyDeleteHalf of my commute to work is a divided highway, and every morning, I am continually asking myself if ANYONE paid attention in driver's ed?!? (you know, anyone other than me) And cussing Texas DPS for not making people come in to renew their driver's license anymore. (you know, everyone other than ME! LOL)
ReplyDeleteThis morning, someone was tailgating me, I mean RIGHT ON my backside. I even hit the breaks to get him to slow down, but that didn't help. I ended up having to make a turn and as I did, I saw him speed up really fast and tailgate the next person that was in front of me. I thought, "Well, at least I know it's not me. This person will tailgate someone as long as there's someone in front of him!"
ReplyDeleteI HATE when people ride my bumper! I obviously can't go any faster, so get off me! I also REALLY hate it when I leave enough room between me and the car in front of me for a reason, and then some other dude wants to pass me with inches to spare. RUDE!
ReplyDeleteI wish there was a little more respect between people on the road.
haha- last month I focused on "rants and raves" for all of July on my blog, and I found that when I did a "bad driver" rant, it was a very popular post- we're not alone, people really wanted to vent about their pet peeves haha! My number one will always be crazy intense tailgating when there is a huge line of cars in front of everyone- BACK OFF!
ReplyDeleteGlad to find your blog! I'm a new follower :)
Meri
http://merigoesround.com
Rude drivers make me bonkers. I would've laughed at the car that got pulled over, hahaha! Some people think they own the road and I just wonder who they are and why they think they are sooooo important??
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with you on ALL of these, except sometimes I ride people's butts, but I don't mean to. Haha. And I totally think the same thing about Sonic!! People will wait in line to go through the drive thru! It's nuts!
ReplyDeleteHA!!! Sounds like we also share the same luck when it comes to driving and traffic! My little type-a personality can't handle too much of it before i lose it:) And 5am - wrong number - if I knew someone might call me that early I'd give them the wrong number too!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend:)
Don't even get me started...!!
ReplyDeleteThe comment box isn't big enough :)
Don't get me started on the driving thing. I have AWFUL road rage. It's pretty ugly, actually.
ReplyDeleteBut a wrong number at 5am? Twice?? I'd be so annoyed!
I have the same issues with drivers!!! The non-signalling drives me bonkers.
ReplyDeleteAaagghhh, I can't stand when people don't use their blinkers!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, you know what else I can't stand is people who don't give you a courtesy wave when you let them go in front of you or when you let them go at a stop sign even though it was your turn. Didn't their parents ever teach them manners?
Erm, I can't quite relate since I haven't driven in so long! Kidding aside, I also don't get drivers who don't know use signal lights. Ugh!
ReplyDeletesignal lights and bumpers really get me!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I hate annoying drivers and am glad that that one car got pulled over and was ticketed! I've never had that happen to me (when the annoying car was behind me)...maybe one day! I also hate wreckless ones that fly and swerve in between lanes!!! Ugh haha.
ReplyDeleteAshley Sloan
That car that was braking in front of you....that might've been my mother. She drives me INSANE when she does that. I guess that's why she makes me drive when I'm with her.
ReplyDeleteYa, and I'm always behind the slow ones. They're not from out of state though. Ugh!
We just spent 15 hours in the car so I don't even want to think about my complaints with people driving.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I would be so upset if my phone was ringing at 5am.
I can't stand the bumper riders. I always want to slam on my brakes, but then I fear they'll just hit me and then who's the idiot! ;)
ReplyDelete