Friday, August 5, 2011

Life's Lessons: Operation Keep Baby Out of Trouble


T-G-I-F, T-G-I-F! Chant it with me!  So that means it is time to link up with Sara & Rach for the weekly installment of Life's Lessons.  Here's what I learned:

1) Power cords are really cool. EVEN if the cord is hidden away it will be found and either yanked or chewed on.  Because that's what they were made for right?

2) He doesn't forget EVER.  He always remembers that he's done something and even if distracted he will go back and do it again.  This child is persistent I must say.

3) How did he even learn how to open a cabinet door?  Is it wired in his DNA?  No matter where the door is, he will adapt and learn how to open it whether it has a knob or by just opening it from the bottom.

4) Dog bowls are the coolest thing since sliced bread.  I am probably starving my dogs and letting them get dehydrated because I am constantly putting the bowls out of reach.  The shiny metal is irresistable!

5) Everything should be attempted to be pulled up on.  Including the toilet, cabinet drawers, marble mantles, and the list just keeps growing.

6) When outside, grass should always be put in your mouth.  Hey it's got extra protein for all that crawling.

7) Changing diapers are so much more fun if you are rolling over and over.  The floor looks great decorated with poop.

8) That fuzz that hangs underneath the couch (and why do couches have this?) should be torn and put straight into your mouth.  It's got great texture.

9) Toys are no longer fun when the world AKA my house is within your grasp.

10) Puffs are more tasty if you stick 10 in your mouth at a time.

Hope you learned a lot this week and go link up to share your lessons!

P.S. Please keep Sara at Life's Recipe (who co-hosts this linky) in your thoughts and prayers...her father passed away unexpectedly. 

25 comments:

  1. Oh yes to the diaper changes. Also the wipes container is the best toy ever! Jellybean is also fascinated with how slick the side of the tub is and the shiny faucet. He keeps flipping over to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, all so true! Pretty much anything is more fascinating when it is put in one's mouth.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the life lessons!! :) And I love even more the fact that just when we get used to these lessons, they'll probably have new ones to teach us... Because they'll be walking! Ha!
    Have fun chasing your cute little man around this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to oh so many things! You're still a few steps ahead of me, but Giada is trying to catch up fast.
    She doesn't just roll during poopy diapers. She also has to get her hands in there. Oh the fun we have!
    At least you don't have to watch out for small pets, like little kittens, being grabbed and shoved into one's mouth. We're a circus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! All so true! Has he gone for light switches yet? And power sockets? Keep a close eye out!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can SO relate...these babes are magnets for danger!!! YAY for Friday...I've been looking forward to this day all week:)

    I'm so sorry to hear about Sara's daddy...thats just awful - thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you describing my child or yours? I think they must be twins! Happy Chasing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I am emptying my house of everything. We're not far behind as you know. How are you not utterly exhausted??!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are hilarious.... I can say that because I don't have children *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! This was the age when I started saying I really missed the "out of sight, out of mind" stage! Have fun and good luck! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true! I've got to add window blinds to the list! (Especially the string to shorten/lengthen them) Oh so tantalizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In reference to #4...even blue, non-shiny dog bowls are fascinating. My daughter is OBSESSED. I am also starving and dehydrating my dog for the sake of not yelling at my daughter NON-STOP.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny post! They certainly are very entertaining to watch and exhausting to keep alive lol
    Reminds me - I must baby proof my house while my little man is still stationery :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha...I'm chanting T-G-I-S now for it Saturday already over here. Little Nolan's sure keeping you on your toes now. Wait till he starts walking! Consider this a warning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you sure learned a lot this week, didn't you?

    My kids teach me plenty of interesting things too, if it's any consolation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this!! I will definitely keep these lessons in mind for the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are SO raising the same kid.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My kids are into EVERYTHING! They drive me absolutely crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha! What a great list and quite true. It only gets more exciting....

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have learned a lot this week. I have just in the last few days, finally taken the cat dishes back out to where they used to be since my son is 3 years old and leaves it alone now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like your little guy is quite active and getting into everything!! Hope you can have a relaxing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha, hilarious:) I am so there with you, Nora is crawling and into everything! Happy weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very entertaining post, Natalie! I have a baby picture of me in a dog bowl. I think all small children are drawn to them. Also, lovin' your little blo changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL! I could have written this post. My guy is such a flopper for diaper changes, though he's now stopped eating grass. He prefers dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So true! I remember a lot of these from when my kid was smaller.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips