Friday, August 19, 2011

Life's Lessons: Where Did This Year Go Edition


Life With Baby Donut
And it's Friday!  Even though I'm a SAHM and don't have a normal work week I still get excited about the weekends.  It's time to link  up with Sara & Rach to share the lessons you were schooled in this week.
1) Really is it almost September? Weren't we just bringing in the new year?

2) Ever since Nolan was born I feel like time has been on fast forward.

3) At the mother's night out, one mommy dropped by to show off her 4 week old.  I had a hard time even remembering that little baby boy was that small.  But he was...and now he's growing up.

4) His one year birthday party is just around the corner. I've started planning but still so much to do.  I need a pause button so I can catch up or a million dollars to hire a party planner.

5) Is it really almost holiday season? Wow. That's all I have to say about that.

6) Guess I should figure out what kind of toys/games that a one year old like.  I AM CLUELESS in this department.

7) And clothes for that age...well are just not cute.  What's up with that?  I guess he'll be going naked this fall/winter because I can't find clothes that I actually want to buy him.

8) The end of the year also means I have a big birthday coming up.  We'll just pretend it's not going to happen and that I'm not getting any older.  Birthdays are for kids, right?

Now it's your turn!  Have a fabulous weekend!

31 comments:

  1. First birthday parties are always my favorite. Have fun planning the party. Don't get stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that everyone will bring him presents- so find just a few that you think he'd love. He'll still have a ton to open... and if he's anything like mine, he'll want to be done opening after he finds even one he wants to play with. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There certainly is a fast forward button when there are kids in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can not almost be holiday season. I refuse. And can I get an honorary invite to Nolan's bday party? I'll send a gift and everything, just probably won't make it down for the party. Ugh, why can't we live closer?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son LOVED My Pal Scout for his first birthday party. Little People are always a hit too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the problem is that they don't make cute boy clothes AT ALL. We tried to find a shirt and tie for Luke last weekend and it was NOT GOOD. Of course you can dress your little girl up like a pretty princess from birth on. Not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They don't make cute little guy clothes? That's not fair!

    I realized the holidays were coming when I saw the trees in Cracker Barrel last week. I thought it would make me sigh in disgust, but the ornaments were cute. I totally got sucked in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This years is going crazy fast!! Birthdays- no matter the number- are NOT just for kids!! They are major achievement- sometimes, it's hard to live an entire year :-)

    And I'll send you the link to the store I'm working for- our boys fall line is pretty cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your party planning is going well... I'm feeling overwhelmed!! :) I can't believe how soon this first year will be over! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so hard to believe how tiny they used to be, isn't it? Donut used to wear preemie clothes!

    Can't believe Nolan is going to be 1! That means Donut is not far behind. Ack! Where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete
  11. My advice on the presents? The empty boxes ;) Seriously though, I'm with Shell. And I know what you mean about time flying...I hate that summer is almost over.
    Nice to "meet" you...my first visit here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so with you on #2,3 and 4! Especially the fast forward thing. I feel like life is happening at warped speed now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birthdays are for presents! Celebrate, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also planning Maggie's 1st birthday. And yes people will bring a ton of gifts.
    As for clothes, I got PJ's clothes at Carters and Children's Place at that age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like time is flying, too! It literally seems like I JUST got married and we are about to celebrate one year. SO nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I look forward to weekends too even though I'm a SAHM. You're right about the clothes not being cute anymore. I remember I had to go get my boy the not-so-cute toddler clothes after he outgrew all his cute little onesies. :)*sigh* they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I ALWAYS look forward to the weekends - working or not! I also can't believe it's almost the end of August...it's freaking me out a little!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally hear you on the first birthday party planning...I have some stuff done but still feel like I have SO much to do...a million dollars would be SO nice right now;) And yes, this has been the fastest year of my life too...I can't believe Addie will be 1 in a month and a half...eeekkk!!! Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, I could use a pause button too. Mostly so I could get the house clean! Good luck with the party planning, but have fun! I'm lazy and usually keep our party's simple.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seriously cannot believe how fast this yr just flew by. Those kids are going to be one before we know it, and I already want to cry. I see it everyday... Giada is acting more and more like a toddler, loosing her baby fat, climbing things, and calling my for me. Great, now here go the waterworks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, I couldn't agree more. The first year has totally flown by. Crazy!

    I wouldn't worry about the toy situation too much....you know he'll get plenty from friends and family members. Save for his college fund instead!

    ReplyDelete
  22. time seriously flies! i am not a fan! and cannot believe the holidays are just around the bend! happy weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  23. First birthdays are so special...my favorite place for boy clothing is the Gap or Janie and Jack! You might be able to find him some really cute pants with a matching bow tie! But that's just me. Boy clothes can be a challenge!
    I am with you, I felt like it was summer but definitely happy that fall is on its way! I have to get a lot of my holiday shopping done early because I don't think I will be doing much with a new baby.
    Good luck with the planning, can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You do realise that by planning Nolan's birthday party you're actually acknowledging he's growing up! Stay in denial with me Natalie!!
    Time goes crazy fast...and I agree with the clothes thing.
    You will not go wrong with anything Fisher Price for a gift...enjoy your planning!
    Thanks for all your comments lately too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd like to have a pause button too, if you can find one please point me to the direction where I can also buy it. Haha

    My little girl is turning 1 this week and I can't even believe it, I mean I was feeling like I was just pregnant and now she's one. How time really flies so fast.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend. And hope you'll have a wonderful week ahead too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I stress out at planning any party. Planning my son's first birthday was the worst, but it turned out really great. So have fun!

    Also, I agree that time flies by when you have a little one. I remember when I was younger, time took forever.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Planning those parties can be fun or stressful. Hopefully it's fun and remember since there will be more adults than kids, alcohol is okay to serve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Make the birthday party simple. As long as there is cake and something fun to do, the kids are happy.

    And yes, time moves faster once you have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  29. love this post! i am right there with you on how quickly the year is going, and not being able to remember that tiny little baby we just brought home from the hospital. Hope you are having a great time planning his bday party!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Time is going by so quickly! I can't believe summer is ending and fall always goes by so quickly. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'd love a pause button and a million dollars, too. It does all go way too fast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips