Monday, August 15, 2011

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'


This past weekend I realized that my future is going to be filled with lots of band-aids and neosporin...

*Nolan decided to head butt me on my cheek bone leaving him with his first bruise on his forehead.  He should have known he was going to lose that battle.

*He thinks it is really cool to pull on the books out of the bookcase.  Not sure if he received a cut on his knee from the books or the bookcase, however he did receive his first "boo-boo" band-aid because he was seriously bleeding NON-STOP.

*He was playing with his daddy when he decided he would go head first over dad's arm and face plant on the hardwood floor.  Pretty sure that's gonna leave a mark.

This was pretty much all in one day, so I can't imagine what life will be like when he's walking.  I think I need to take out stock in the band-aid brand ASAP.

In other news, my husband and I went to the store where he purchased my engagement ring and our wedding bands.  We went to get my rings all shined and cleaned up, and I must say I totally forgot how shiny they can be!  ***I may or may not have suggested some anniversary presents while browsing the store.***

Hope you had a great weekend---with less cuts and scrapes of course!

28 comments:

  1. Whoa, sound like Nolan had a rough day! He's all boy, isn't he??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are the same way! My youngest one always dives off of my lap straight onto the hardwood floor. I swear somebody one day is going to think I've hurt him with all of his bumps, bruises, cuts, and scrapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's fearless! Boys will be boys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh......little boys! I have 3 nephews and boo-boos are just a part of their days. Spiderman and Diego band-aids are always on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, Ouch and Ouch! Yes looks like you better stock up on bandaids and also add paddings to your whole house. That was a nice thing with the ring shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch!! This is only the beginning :) They're a lot tougher than they look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am feeling your pain! With Gwen walking at this moment, I want to pad everything in my house with some serious cushioning. Either that or live in a rubber room for the next few yrs. lol. Yay for shiny rings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PJ did the book thing, still does on occasion. He thinks it's AWESOME. He also hits his head at least twice a day. He's a bruiser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ....unfortunately, if they start out accident prone, they might stay that way. When I was four, I faceplanted in our driveway. I still have a scar under my nose, and to this day, I still have had my fair share of cuts and scrapes. Does he cry a lot when these little accidents occur?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the saying 'crusin' for a brusin'. It was a favorite of my dads and it always reminds me of him. Sending kisses to Nolan's little owies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! I hear ya on these bruisin' boys! They play hard and they fall hard! Just love him up when he does! It breaks my heart though! I can't imagine when he breaks a bone or plays sports! Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always amazed at how kids can play rough and recover quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that's one rough day! Some of my kids are much more accident prone than others- I think my one-year-old would be much safer with a permanent helmet! I'm good at accidents too. I tripped and went splat on the kitchen tile last week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How are you feeling from that head-butting?

    It's amazing how resilient kids are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor little buddy! How's your cheek bone holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at those cheeks!

    I got guacamole in my engagement ring the other day. My husband couldn't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have fully accepted that i have lots of bruises in my future all because i have a boy! they are pretty rough! seems like i'm the one with all the bruises lately. he manages to head butt me on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww... poor kiddo! It's so funny and way scary how they don't realize what's going to get them hurt yet.
    It always freaks me out when Giada wants to grab something from the floor when she's way on the changing table. Suicide diver freaks me the heck out!
    One day they'll learn what it's ok and what is not... and then come the teenage yrs and we have the same battle to fight all over again. It never ends does it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, bless his little heart... And Mama's too! :) I am feeling your pain right now... Literally! We haven't had to start with the band-aids yet, but seeing all of her new little bruises is killing me! Have a great (and pain-free) week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Poor guy - all in the life of a little one though. I LOVE getting my rings shined up too. It's like getting a new ring all over.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I guess boys will be boys! I love getting my rings cleaned! It makes them feel brand new :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my goodness....what a day!!! Nolan is clearly 100% all boy:) and YAY for shiny rings...i love getting my cleaned for the same reason:) hope y'all had a great weekend despite the bumps and bruises!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol, If I were you, I'd skip the Band- Aids and invest in outfitting your home in foam padding. My SIL considers it a divine miracle that neither of her boys broke a bone until last year....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, boys! So rough and tumble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kids can be SO rough! Maddie knocked my lower jaw pretty good last night. I paused and held my chin for a few moments before trying to open my mouth (I have plates and screws in my jaws). I always worry she's going to knock me out of alignment of something!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I totally need to have my ring shined and cleaned! Maybe this week?
    You baby boy is just the CUTEST! (Just think, all those cuts and bruises will make him look so tough. All the ladies will LOVE him! Haha...like he needs that;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. teeth! I love the picture of him showing off the bottom two! what a doll :)

    also, your wedding was gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Boys will be boys indeed...I have 2 little nephews and I think it goes with the territory, although I find myself using lots of band aids and neosporin myself! LOL! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips