Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's the Simple Things in Life


This is the first time I am linking up with Jesslyn Amber, but my bloggy friend The Workaholic Momma has been for awhile so I thought I would give it a shot.  I think it's always good to slow down and realize that the simple things in life are really what matter.

*I am appreciating the time I spent taking a stroll with an old friend last night and catching up.  It's so nice to get out and enjoy the outdoors with a friend and also get the little one out of the house.  We're going to try to do it once a week!

*I am appreciating that tonight my mother in law is coming to watch the little one so I can attend a mother's night out with the Stroller Strides group.  I really haven't spent much time with them outside of the actual workout so this should be fun.  And hey margaritas are being served!

*I am appreciating the fact that we are finally seeing some hints of cooler weather.  I can't wait for fall!

*I am appreciating that my little boy is actually becoming a little boy.  It's kind of bittersweet, yet exciting all at the same time.

*I am appreciating my husband for being such a wonderful father to our son.

*I am appreciating that my new roof is finally done after two days of hammers and noise.  It's nice to get back to a sense of normalcy and nap time!

What simple things in life are you enjoying this week?

26 comments:

  1. Great post! I am enjoying the cooler weather we've been having and that my husband's work schedule is back to normal so we can hang out more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun tonight! Hope you make some new friends and if all is lost, at least there are margaritas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great linky. Definitely makes you stop and think what you really are appreciative of.

    I have heard of the stroller strides...do you like it? A margarita night with friends sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when people enjoy the simple things and take a moment to appreciate it. Nice blog post.

    But... seriously.... cooler weather? Where? Where? Send some over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I linked up with Jesslyn too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm appreciating your blog.

    I'm appreciating that you get to enjoy some 'ritas tonight.

    I'm appreciating LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you said about Nolan growing up. I'm definitely not one of those Mommas who clings to their baby-hood. I just marvel at the new things that come with each growing stage.

    Have a great time tonight and drink a rita for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMM...margaritas. Enjoy yourself darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I am appreciating the fact that my 2 1/2 year old is finally using the potty!! And, many other things, but that is top on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the simple things! Your little boy is such a cutie. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of great things to appreciate! :) Especially that sweet baby boy and his daddy! So happy that you get a well-deserved girl's night tonight! :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the mother's night out sounds fabulous! I'd love one of those right about now!

    I appreciate the fact that on Saturday morning I will be gone for 8 days, sitting on a beach. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A night out with fellow moms? Awesomesauce! I need me one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! and hope that you have fun on your margarita night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have fun on your mom's day out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, jealous of margaritas! Have fun tonight. We're having new siding on our place so I understand the noise. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. P.S. I appreciate coming across linky's like this! Thanks to you :) Linking up too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want some cooler weather...no fair.

    Okay, I'm over my little tantrum! Hope you have a fun time tonight out with your friends!!! Have a drink for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm bitter sweet about my youngest growing up too. It's so fun to see the change, but I miss the baby.

    Enjoy your hammer-free home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm appreciating this quiet night time to blog and have "me" time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have fun! What a great linky. It's always good to sit down and remember to appreciate where we are and what we have. Good reminder to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So happy for you! Have a wonderful girl's night out. Blog about it for the sake of the deprived ones like me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. YAY!!! I'm glad you joined in the fun...it helps me decompress each week:)

    Hope you had a wonderful girls night out...and I am so thankful that fall is almost here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are enjoying the cooler weather too. I hope you emjoyed the Stroller Strides event.

    ReplyDelete
  25. it really is those small things that count--such a fab post~

    ReplyDelete
  26. yay! this is one of my favs! I didn't get to link up this week... but I am loving reading yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips