Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm a Big Kid Now!

I recently purchased some new PJs for Nolan while I was at Target.  I went ahead and bought the 12 month two pieces thinking it will be awhile before he can fit into these.  Because in my mind, babies seems so much older when they are in two piece clothing than when they are in onesies or rompers.  So I decide hmmm maybe I should go ahead and wash these.  Well....here's the end result:
They actually fit!  And honestly they don't look like he will be in them very long.  Maybe I should have bought the 18 month jammies!

On a side note...I have recently finished two books!  I used to be a big reader, so I'm excited to get back into it.  I read "Drowning Ruth" and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and both were pretty good.  It took me awhile to get into the second one, but it really picked up towards the middle.  I would definitely recommend both of these if you are looking for some late summer reads.  Next  I am going to read "The Help" and then "The Girl Who Played with Fire." I'm kind of all over the place when it comes to the types of books I read so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!


29 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about 2 piece jammies! Which is why I only got them for the Monkey when he was a year old. They do look like boys, not babies, in them. Sigh.

    Good on you to have managed 2 books, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost cried when I had to put my kids into 2 piece pajamas! They look like toddlers then and not babies.

    I'm reading The Help right now, then it's onto Water for Elephants. So far The Help is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think those are goin to last very long. I usually get a size or two bigger than what they would currently wear - they outgrow their clothes too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 pieces definitely makes them seem not so baby-ish anymore :( Can they stop growing so fast?!?! They look so cute though! Thanks for the book recommendations, I need to get back into reading myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping to read a fiction book this week (I read a ton of non-fiction, you know, "how to potty train", "hoe to discipline" etc.)

    Nolan is just a doll! Love these pictures! Seems like he hit a real growth spurt! One more time I will say it, WISH YOU LIVED IN RALEIGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They always look so old in 2-piece pj's. I still put my 20 month old in the footies ones sometimes because it makes me feel like he's still a little guy. Goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for "big boy" jammies! I love that he's always so smiley when you take pictures of him, it makes me wonder if he knows when you're going to take pictures and wants to look good for the camera...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've noticed especially with jammies, the sizes run small. PJ has 3 pairs of 3T jammies but all his regular clothes are 2T and he's not even close to being in 3T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Millenium Trilogy is soooo amazing! I read all three, and watched the Swedish movies on Netflix. The first American movie is coming out this December!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know, I love the two piece ones! Perhaps that is because my kidlets always seem so proud to be wearing them and I love the look of pride on their faces.

    Ah, I miss reading.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is such a cutie! I've read Tattoo and the Help - great books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, though it was disturbing. For my birthday last year, I asked my husband to take me to the movie. I didn't tell him until we got there that it would all be in Swedish. He liked it, though! I have the second book but haven't read it yet. I plan to one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's just too cute! Love that last picture!

    I've heard a lot of people saying they couldn't get into the girl with the dragon tattoo. So I haven't read it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  14. he seems pretty happy about the new jammies! As far as books - good for you. I have a stack I have yet to get to. I keep hearing great things about "The Help".

    ReplyDelete
  15. He is so cute!!

    You will love The Help! Such a good book!! The Happiness Project is also really good and so is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like Germaine, I also buy clothes 1-2 sizes up.
    I've read "The Girl Who Played With Fire." It is riveting! I'd love to read the rest of Stieg Larsson's novels.
    Currently reading Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, he is getting SO big! Brynn is fitting in to some of her 12 month pjs too! :( It's so bittersweet... Bravo to you for reading 2 books! I think I need to get some of your time management skills... Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, The Help was a great read!! I read it a couple months ago and would read while Donut was sleeping in my arms. You'll really enjoy it.

    I just put away some of Donut's little clothes. I can't believe she actually fit into them, she's growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The 2 piece jammies look awesome on Nolan! Ethan is in 12 months now too. Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh what a cutie!!! two piece jammies are the cutest, but do they just end up around his armpits by morning?

    ReplyDelete
  21. So big! :)

    You will love The Help!

    I'm trying to remember the names of the books I just finished. I actually liked them, but am blanking on names. Are you on Goodreads?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love, love, loved The Help.

    Same Kind of Different As Me
    The Glass Castle
    The Longest Trip Home
    Half Broke Horses
    A Long Way Gone
    Into Thin Air
    Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
    Girl With a Pearl Earring
    The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes

    ReplyDelete
  23. CUTE little guy!

    I find that jammies run small and definitely shrink! Have you had that experience too? Love that they are big boy jammies!

    I am currently reading The Art of Racing in the Rain and love it.

    The dragon tattoo series were all good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for visiting me today. I love Nolan's new pj's. Amazing how fast little ones grow, huh?

    As for books suggestions, I would love to share a good read with you.

    1. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See (Awesome)

    I loved this story and the sequel to it is already out in books stores. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. uugghhh...yes - I totally agree - the 12 month PJs that are 2 pieces make them look like big kids. Its been killing me since we started putting Addie in them...although with the little bit of hair she has..she still looks like a baby to me:) Nolan is SO cute - love the pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved the Girl with the dragon tattoo series. The first one was the hardest to get through but the other two are not as graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  27. He does look cute in his two-piece jammies! I liked "Drowning Ruth" and have been meaning to read, "The Help" forever. Maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. PJs are supposed to be tight b/c of fire concerns, but man, those look pretty snug! My 25 lb, 30.5 inch 12 month old wears the 18 mo. size because I can't squeeze his arm chub through the other ones anymore!

    Nolan looks super adorable in those! Gray and blue are good colors for him.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your little guy is SO cute! I love those big eyes :)

    Following your lovely bloggy!
    xoxo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips