Monday, May 9, 2011

An Eventful Date Night

Last week my husband and I had a date night while my mother-in-law watched the little boy. Having family close by to lend a helping hand can be a life saver! For this date night, we had purchased tickets to see an outdoor concert. We were super excited because it was a band we really enjoyed, and the weather was supposed to be a perfect spring night. Very soon after the show had started we realized that the band was not going to be our only entertainment. Apparently, we also paid to see a couple of sideshows. Here's a break down of the mayhem.

1) One older guy with a weird black hat not suitable for this type of concert decided that him and his girl should just stand up and dance in the view of some other people. (We were in the seated area not the standing only close to the stage) So a big guy asks this guy to sit down. The black hat guy instead decides to antagonize the big guy by being even more annoying by making out with his girl. Black hat guy was definitely three sheets to wind and had definitely pre-partied too much before the concert. Next thing I know big guy is pushing the weirdo black hat guy. Some other big boys get involved to diffuse the situation. The black hat guy sits down, and everyone goes back to watching the concert. About 5 minutes later, black hat guy gets up gets in big guy's face trying to start something. Another pushing session starts, with the other big guys breaking everything up again. Black hat guy continues to go up the stairs, and I guess decides to talk more crap to an actual big guy that was trying to protect the weirdo. All of sudden everyone is standing up not for the concert but to look back towards the concession area where I heard later that the big guy had weirdo on the ground pounding his face in. Needless to say, we did not see him for the rest of the night.

2) A preppy guy in front of us with his buttoned down Polo shirt with his chest hair hanging out was acting very strange with his girlfriend. Apparently this couple was also heavily intoxicated, and Mr. Polo thought the best way to keep his girlfriend from throwing up was to get her some wine and a chili dog. Pretty sure that will do the opposite and actual cause her to hurl. They continue to sway back and forth...with her also putting her head in between her knees time to time. After about 30 minutes of this, they finally get up to leave to take care of her vomiting situation.

Finally after these incidences, we were able to watch the concert with no distractions. I guess that's what happens when you are at a smaller concert venue that has little security and tons of people drinking WAY too much.

Anyways, here's a pic at the concert...we did have a good time even after all the drama! :)

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was eventually fun. ;)

    I love going to concerts.

    At least the girl didn't puke right there! Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kind of stuff always happens to me. Sounds like you guys made the most out of the situation.
    Love date night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like quite the date night! So jealous that you have grandparents to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha wow- sounds like QUITE the evening! you two are totally adorable, btw. just so you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are cute :-)
    I wish that drunken-ness at concerts was better monitored. A couple of people can really ruin it for others. I'm glad that it settled down and you had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - how funny (now - I'm sure it was slightly irritating then:)) We had a similar experience at the Jack Johnson concert the hubs and I went to last year - made me feel so old:( Glad you guys were able to make the most of it though and I love the pic of you guys. Hope you're having a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An eventful date night, indeed. Dang the drunks. But glad you still enjoyed the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good time despite the interruptions! Date nights are so important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to get out once in a while and watch a couple of freak shows yes? :) Oh and the concert of course! Glad it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That all sounds like it was made up! One of those too funny to be true stories. I'm glad you eventually had an enjoyable evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you guys got to go out, but man that is a crazy date night! Chili dogs and wine to prevent throwing up...? What in the world! Polo man must have been a moron too. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good picture of you and hubby. Sounds like you got a lot more entertainment than you paid for. Probably could have done without most of it though, huh?! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never a dull moment, eh? I can definitely tell I'm getting older cause ridiculously drunk people just really annoy me. Glad you and your hubby had some time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. well that sounds like a really exciting night. You got a few shows for the price of one. Haha.
    I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the concert at least :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, lots of drama on your date night! At least you got a chance to get out though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips