Is it possible that my brown thumb is finally green? After many tries at my square foot garden, I finally FINALLY have vegetables to harvest. My lovely husband built my cedar box last year, and we started planting a little late...like a lot late in 90 degree weather. What can I say...I was pregnant and had other priorities. So when I moved my precious little seedlings to the box the poor things didn't stand a chance against that sun. Flash forward to this year where I planned ahead and started my seeds early. However much to my dismay, a hail storm and a late freeze nearly killed all of my plants. Yet my resilient bush green beans have prevailed. They have beat the odds, and I will be picking green beans in the next few days! I am very close to also harvesting broccoli, green onions, and arugula. Tomatoes, peppers, and carrots will be a little later. My perseverance has finally paid off!
The few plants that I planted last year were eaten by deer right at harvest time. This year I'm opting out of gardening veggies. What can I say...I'm a quiter. :) Hope you score tons of fresh veggies this summer.
Hey, good job! I hope you're able to harvest a lot this year :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you're able to grow tons of veggies this summer!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! My garden is actually growing this year too.
ReplyDeletehow awesome I so have a brown thumb.
ReplyDeleteYay!! Congrats. I am not so good at the gardening. My mom made it look SO easy, and it's SO not!! So I am VERY impressed with your efforts :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Can't wait to see what all you guys plant and how it turns out. Good luck my friend.
ReplyDeleteHey great job! I too have a brown thumb turned a bit green this year. I have cantaloupe growing! YIPPEE!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! That is so awesome - see, you are great at all of the domestic things:) And that box your hubs built is AWESOME!!! Enjoy your delish veggies!!
ReplyDeleteI love the planters your hubby made. I always mean to start a garden, but I never do. I did it once and 2/3 of my plants died.
ReplyDeleteI'm a huge fan of square foot gardening! Best of luck with it!
ReplyDeleteSo cool! I love that garden box...I so want one and my husband is not remotely handy!
ReplyDeleteSo fsb!! I want one! There is nothing like fresh from the garden;)
ReplyDeleteThe few plants that I planted last year were eaten by deer right at harvest time. This year I'm opting out of gardening veggies. What can I say...I'm a quiter. :) Hope you score tons of fresh veggies this summer.
ReplyDeleteLove it! What a creative idea. :)
ReplyDeletex