Friday, April 15, 2011

You Like Me...You Really Like Me!

I am so excited about receiving my first blogger award from Alison at Mama Wants This! (if you haven't checked out her blog, you should. She's got the cutest little boy and a wonderful sense of humor!)
Here's my award!

Now part of receiving this award, I have to give you 7 facts about me (yes I know you are ecstatic about this) and then award 15 bloggers that I like. I don't know if I can get to 15 since I'm so new to the blogging world, but maybe I can at least get to 5!

7 Tidbits About Me:

1. I love Mexican food! I could probably eat it everyday of the week...but probably not a good idea for my health.

2. I used to be really good at playing the piano but have slacked off now that I am older. Or maybe the fact I don't have a piano is a good excuse!

3. I broke my right wrist while jumping hurdles in high school when I was on the track team. (thanks to whomever set them on the men's height instead of the women's!) I even finished the whole meet without knowing I had broke it.

4. I can read through a 1000 page book in no time...or let's say I used to before my little biscuit was born.

5. I hate when people leave toothpaste in the sink...it grosses me out! Especially the blue kind!

6. I hate dusting...I feel like it's a lose/lose situation. You dust and all you do is move that dust to another location. What kind of sick joke is God playing on us?

7. I'm a dog person. I really don't know what I would do without our furbabies. When they are not here, it just is too quiet and eerie in the house.

The next lucky bloggers to receive this award are:

1. The Workaholic Momma: She's a working mom to an adorable little girl. I think it's possible that she might be my blog twin!

2. My Time As Mom: Jessica is a mom of two little girls and loves to cheat at Scrabble. She gives you her truthful view on motherhood and life with a sense of humor.

3. Loving the little things: Megan, once a teacher, is the mother of two little girls and has a great sarcastic outlook on life. She's a stay at home mom who like me is trying to develop some domestic/crafty skills. :)

4. Life's Recipe: Sara got me addicted to her blog when I saw she had neighbors that made their own horror films. How crazy is that? She's another sarcastic blogger (see a trend I like sarcastic blogs) who tells it like she sees it.

5. Things I Can't Say: I fell in love with this blog from just reading the title! Shell says everything you want to say but can't!

Ok so I didn't award 15, but I did get to 5. If you haven't read these blogs before, please check them out! Now I'm off to let them know...have a great FRIDAY!

10 comments:

  1. #2 & #4 - me too! Have a good Friday and weekend1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the toothpaste thing- and I refuse to buy the blue kind, just in case!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH for my blog award!! I LOVE it, and I LOVE your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still finished the race? I'm a wimp and would have stopped and cried. ;)

    I'm still a big reader. I figure I'm showing my kids it's important to read when I ignore them to read. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute post! i love mexican food as well.

    i just came across your blog and love it.
    new follower:)

    xo
    ben-and-alex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great award & list! I wish I could read books quickly - I'm so darn slow. I'll have to check out all the blogs you mentioned. I follow Shell and Jessica but I'm excited to read the others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for awarding me the award!! I'll have to work on a list to post :)

    I enjoyed your list!! I too, love reading and can (used to!) read through long books quickly! I also love Mexican...mainly cause of all the cheese :)

    Looking forward to continuing to learn about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad everyone likes the list and that I'm not the only one that hates toothpaste in the sink :) I know I finished the race b/c I had no idea I broke it...just that it hurt some. When it was still hurting 3 days later, I thought hmmm...might be broken! Elena definitely check out the rest of the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU SO MUCH for my blog award - I am sooo excited. I am def going to work on a list so I can brighten someone else's day:) And, I too despise the toothpaste - I was just thinking as I found some BLUE toothpaste in the sink this am that I should blog about how much it annoys me! HA! Hope you had a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mexican food too. If I had a day all to myself I would finish several 1,000 page books.

    Thanks for passing on that award to me! I'm very glad I found your blog and I have enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoo hoo! congrats on your award. I know how you feel about the fur babies! they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips