Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Squeaky Shoes...What The Heck?
Today when I was at the bookstore I kept hearing this repetitive squeaky sound. I thought man that sure does sound like that same annoying squeak my dogs' toys make. I look over to see that it is a little girl's shoes making the squeaky noise! Now I know I am new to mommyhood but seriously squeaky shoes? I have never heard of these nor could I even imagine hearing that sound over and over in my household. I can't even take it when my dog squeaks her toy incessantly, hence the reason I stopped buying those types of toys. Ironically, I get home and have an email from my local Stroller Strides about what...you guessed it...Squeaky Shoes! Apparently, they can help kids learn to walk. But I ask myself at what expense...your sanity? I know it says you can silence the squeaker, but I can just imagine a child being upset because now their shoes don't squeak. So to all you moms out there, have you heard of squeaky shoes and do your children own a pair?
Labels:
Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've never heard of them...nor have I ever HEARD them! My kids love the sneakers that light up but those are silent, thank God. I don't think I could handle squeaky shoes and whiny kids together.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow! Following you now too!
Ew. I don't even like when shoes are get wet and are squeaky for a minute until they dry. Those would make me insane (and in case you're wondering, they'll be added to my "no" list of baby items, lol)...
ReplyDeleteI just googled them, and although some are cute... I don't think you could pay me enough to make Gwen wear them. Not only would the noise drive me nuts, the dog would be chasing her everywhere!!! lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid I DO know what they are. And worse, my son owns not one, but two pairs. My in-laws bought them and he only wears them when he's over there and only when he goes out for his walks with his grandfather. He loves them. Argh. Fortunately he has no problem wearing his regular shoes either.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a horrible idea! Clearly not invented by a mom! :-D
ReplyDeletehahahaha!!! I HAVE those shoes for my little Isabelle.
ReplyDeleteI ordered a pair before she was even born, cause I thought they were cute, even though I was aware they'd probably be obnoxious. The shoes are super cute though, and the squeeker is removable, so I'll probably let her squeek for a day and then those shoes will become silent!
Megan you are a brave soul! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my - no, I have never heard of such a thing and by the sounds of it - I'll be just fine if I never hear them either. I'm with you on the dog toys and I can promise we won't be buying for Addie!
ReplyDeleteAddison had a a couple of pairs! We loved them! I thought they were so cute!!! I was sad when Addy grew out of the sizes they had them in! Sorry I'm in the minority here! Oh well!
ReplyDeleteSara that's amazing...but then again you do have 3 dogs...so maybe you are used to the squeaky sound! Molly always abuses her squeaky toys so I can't imagine if Nolan had squeaky shoes :) Glad you survived and liked them! Ha ha I'll think I'll have to pass on those!
ReplyDeleteI've heard of them and I've seen them but never would I purchase them. It would drive me crazy and based on my daughters sensitivity to noise it would drive her wild too.
ReplyDelete