When I think of rude people, I always think of Full House's Stephanie Tanner saying her famous phrase, "How Rude!" I just don't understand why some people just have a natural disposition to be rude. Yesterday I went to the zoo with little boy and a friend with her 2 kids. As we are walking through the middle of the zoo, a lady who is working there yells, "You are in the shot where they are filming!" Well eexxcuuuuuse us for being at the zoo on a beautiful day. I cannot help it that whatever they are filming just happens to be a major intersection at the zoo. It's not like we were all up in the camera waving, we weren't even close. I mean I didn't even see what she was talking about at first. I understand they are trying to keep people out of the way, but no reason to be rude. You can nicely say, "Hey could you please walk this way, thank you so much." All the visitors have paid money to see the zoo not to be yelled at. So when I run into a rude person, it always makes me wonder...is this person this way ALL THE TIME? Granted we've all had bad days, so I will cut people some slack. However even when I worked at my corporate job and had to deal with this (read this post to catch up) , I never took it out on other people. Yeah I might not have been chipper or all rainbows and sunshine, but I was never just plain out rude. The older I get, I find that I run into these people more and more. Like the person that flipped me off from the old beat up Chrysler van the other day for no reason. Do these people really just hate their lives that much? I mean doesn't it take WAY too much energy to act that way? I'm not expecting everyone to be all jolly and smiley...just not rude. Is that too much to ask?
Thursday, April 14, 2011
How Rude!
When I think of rude people, I always think of Full House's Stephanie Tanner saying her famous phrase, "How Rude!" I just don't understand why some people just have a natural disposition to be rude. Yesterday I went to the zoo with little boy and a friend with her 2 kids. As we are walking through the middle of the zoo, a lady who is working there yells, "You are in the shot where they are filming!" Well eexxcuuuuuse us for being at the zoo on a beautiful day. I cannot help it that whatever they are filming just happens to be a major intersection at the zoo. It's not like we were all up in the camera waving, we weren't even close. I mean I didn't even see what she was talking about at first. I understand they are trying to keep people out of the way, but no reason to be rude. You can nicely say, "Hey could you please walk this way, thank you so much." All the visitors have paid money to see the zoo not to be yelled at. So when I run into a rude person, it always makes me wonder...is this person this way ALL THE TIME? Granted we've all had bad days, so I will cut people some slack. However even when I worked at my corporate job and had to deal with this (read this post to catch up) , I never took it out on other people. Yeah I might not have been chipper or all rainbows and sunshine, but I was never just plain out rude. The older I get, I find that I run into these people more and more. Like the person that flipped me off from the old beat up Chrysler van the other day for no reason. Do these people really just hate their lives that much? I mean doesn't it take WAY too much energy to act that way? I'm not expecting everyone to be all jolly and smiley...just not rude. Is that too much to ask?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hadn't thought of that Full House expression in years :)
ReplyDeleteI agree...I have no tolerance for rude people. For the most part I try to ignore it but it really annoys me on the inside!
Oh, I'm laughing at the Full House reference!
ReplyDeleteI totally remember Full House.
ReplyDeleteRude people drive me crazy, especially when I am at a business or someplace that I am giving my money too.
uugghh - how frustrating. I am OVER the "be rude to people who push strollers" trend that seems to be taking over these days. Why is it that I could always get a door held when I was prego but now I can't even get a second look with a stroller??
ReplyDeleteRude people are the worst. I used to be a store manager (at a Christian bookstore, no less) and the customers there were awful. One lady threatened to BOMB MY HOUSE!!!
ReplyDeleteHowever, I love, love, LOVE Stephanie Tanner. Minus the meth.
One of my pet peeves is rude people. So many of them unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteOh and you've made me go Google what happened to the actress who played Stephanie Tanner!
I know rude people are the worst...ugh. Well little ole Stephanie had a drug addiction...and since then is cleaned up with a new hubby I think and 2 kids? Or maybe no new hubby....
ReplyDelete