Friday, April 15, 2011

Am I The Only One Losing My Hair?!

Yeah that's right...I think I am losing my hair. Everytime I shower, take my ponytail down (which seems to be in one all the time, yuck!) or brush my hair I have tons of strands coming out! At first I thought it was due to not being pregnant and the fact that my hormones aren't going crazy and doing double duty anymore. Then I tried to blame it on the fact that I shower less regularly (ok I do shower when I can squeeze one in while little boy is napping) or that my hair is up all the time due to mommy duty. So the jury is still out...will I be bald soon? Let's hope it is due to the reasons I listed above...or at least I'll just keep telling myself that!

12 comments:

  1. I just had my girl 4 months ago, and I feel like I'm loosing a whole bunch of hair too.
    This happened to my sister in law too. She thought she was going to be bald! But it stopped falling out after a while. So here's to hoping that the same thing happens to us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loose my hair in the shower every time! I have a head full of hair so it doesn't bother me anymore. My stylist says as long as I'm not missing spots than it pretty normal. My best friend has bald spots, it always grows back. I think it can manifest from numerous things =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so as a hairdresser i can give you my oh so professional advice and tell you that we are on average losing about 80-100 hairs everyday! that sounds like a ton huh?? and after we have babies all the hair our bodies were holding onto falls right on out. no worries mama it's totally normal! cute blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. I haven't had a child and the same thing is happening to me. It's making me about three minutes from crazy. My hairdresser doesn't see a problem, but it's making me paranoid. Like I want to start taking measurements of my forehead. I read somewhere you can put rosemary oil on "problem" areas and it stimulates growth and also I take biotin for hair and nail growth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's TOTALLY normal. It's just a part of pregnancy / postpartum / all the hormone stuff that's going on. Happens to everyone, I promise!! I would have SO MUCH HAIR in the shower for months. it was nasty. But eventually it stops.

    THEN

    all the little hairs start growing back in, and you have odd little short hairs all along your forehead that stick up and look all crazy. That's where I'm at now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally normal! And I'm with Megan, that happened to me too. The new hair. I literally grew a new fringe! Something to look forward to eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have a child or anything but I have the same problem, every time I wash my hair a bunch of strands come out. I think it's from my History of hair dying but I've found that if you wash your hair every few days instead of every day it wont happen as much. I know that may sound bad but it's actually better for your hair too.

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh NO! I have heard about this but I've haven't noticed anything different yet. Of course, my hair also didn't grow much or thicken up while I was pregnant like I hear happens to alot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same thing here! So annoying! The girl that does my hair even noticed a lot more breakage...boo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hair fell out a lot after having my kids. It slowed down some but I still lose a fair amount according to the bathroom floor. I've heard prenatals are good for hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter is 3 and I worry all the time that I am going to end up bald. I don't remember losing this much hair BEFORE she was born, but maybe I'm remembering wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is happening to me now! Uh! I feel like I leave hair everywhere, I hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips