Thursday, September 27, 2012

Two is Definitely Louder than One

This past weekend my mother-in-law watched Nolan on Friday night to Saturday evening.  My husband and I were going to use this time to spend with Conley and get some items marked off our to-do list which is much easier without a toddler running around.

We first went to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and sat on the patio.  It was a nice fall evening, a perfect night to sit outside.  Conley was awake for the first part just enjoying the scenery. 

We then ran to a few stores, and then headed home.  Usually my house is almost in utter chaos at bedtime but with one it was much easier and little boy went down without a fight.  The night was peaceful...and a few glasses of wine might have been consumed.

The next morning was also quiet.  I didn't have to worry about juggling feeding the baby and getting Nolan's breakfast ready while making my much needed coffee.  We packed up Conley and headed to Lowe's to get some pine straw to finish the mulching we are doing on our fence line.  No problem, no screaming, no crying...a perfect Saturday morning.

As Conley took his afternoon nap, my husband and I finished up the yard work.  We then waited for our first born to return home.

And once he did?  All chaos broke out.  It was almost like Conley was feeding off of Nolan's energy and was screaming...Nolan was running around like crazy.  My house was SO LOUD.  I felt like I needed ear plugs and that I couldn't even hear myself think.

So mothers of more than one...is your house loud all the time???

19 comments:

  1. The worst times were at night because daddy was home and he'd get them all riled up and crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - was it weird to have just Conley?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL.THE.TIME! Although now I feel "off" if it's too quiet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely...and they totally feed off of each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SORRY?!
    WHAT"S THAT YOU SAID?
    I do apologize if I am yelling, but I have 3 girls under age 5 here today.....
    ...I'm sorry, I can't hear myself type.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't this make you extra glad your mother-in-law lives close?! :o) Maybe day trips to grandma's can become a regular thing...you KNOW Nolan would love that!! He probably gets spoiled to death over there! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, I don't think you really want me to answer that.
    Glad you got a night off, though
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think so. When JDaniel has a friend over it it chaotic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My BFF's sons are like this -- they so feed off of each other's energy, but now they also entertain each other at 18 mos and 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh God. We're thinking about starting with number 2 soon. It just makes me nervous! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. even though I have only one but mostly my niece visits us at the house so it's always loud when she's around. God, I couldn't imagine living like that everyday, I must need an earplug! Haha!!! but your sons are too adorable and cute so they get a free pass for being loud. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes Momma! But I'm so glad you got some QT while Nolan had a fun grandparents' visit. I wish our parents lived closer for this reason.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES!! :-) eventually you learn to tune it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Two definitely is louder than one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm expecting our first child.... and I'm a quiet person by nature. I just posted our gender reveal party on my blog and I have to admit that the loudness that comes with children does have me a little nervous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep! I have been known to yell- yes kind of ironic-- that I just want some quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait... what? I didn't hear you. My kids were screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes at times it is!! And usually at busy times like preparing dinner, getting homework done etc and it is even worse when the tv is blaring too!!! Drives me insane!!
    So good to hear you guys enjoyed a little 'quiet' time together :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips