Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Baby Conley @ 1 Month!


I cannot believe a month has already passed since baby Conley was born.  This boy is a chunky monkey which is totally different than his older brother who was at the bottom of the percentiles until he reached a year old.  Conley at 3 weeks weighed 10 pounds and 4.5 oz!  He had also grown in height to 21.5 inches which puts him at 95% in weight and 75% in height.  Breastfeeding is going great (obviously since he's Mr. Chunky), and he's a much better latcher than his brother. 

We have good nights and bad nights.  Some times he sleeps for long stretches, and other nights he can't sleep because he's dealing with gas.  He has a strong neck already and has been lifting his head since the day he was born.  I seriously think the kid would try to climb you if you let him with those frog legs.  His hair is thinning, and it might come back blonde.  His eyes are a dark blue, but I expect that to change.  We'll see though!

He loves to be cuddled and held, and most of the time I can change his diaper without a scream fest.  However, if the boy is hungry watch out for that blood curdling scream---he'll let you know it is feeding time now!

We love this guy so much and can't wait to see our boys grow and play together.  I hope they are best friends :)

34 comments:

  1. LOL to his appetite! He's such a round ball of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! He's obviously a very, healthy boy. (Nursing made my little boy "chunky" too, but how can you resist squeezing those little legs!) Enjoy these very special moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it really been a month already. Isn't it crazy how they can be so different from their siblings. I'm glad that nursing is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cutie. Amazing how one can be so different from the next, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't believe he's already ONE month! time flew by! he is such a cutie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that little cutie is getting big fast. My little girl was 11lbs 5oz ... at 8 weeks' I had been calling her a chunk. We humbly relinquish the crown! :) Your little guys will be best buds before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love him! I can't believe he's a month old already! I

    ReplyDelete
  8. so darn cute! I can't believe it's already been a month! I hope his gas settles down soon! Have you tried Colic Calm? It helps with all sorts of tummy issues and helped us out so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's certainly got some cute chubby cheeks! I wish I could give him a big hug! I'm glad he's a big eater though :) Has it really already been a month?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haspy one month to your sweet little guy! Im so glad to hear breasts reding is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so cute! What arms won't want to cuddle that adorable baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, look at him! Congratulations to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 1 month! Glad he is giving you some nights of sleep! And wow he is really gaining weight fast, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww what a sweet boy! I can't believe it's been a month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness he's adorable!!! I love chunky babies!! :o) Are you going to take a picture of him every month next to that fish so you can see how much he grows?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A month already!!! Whew-it goes so fast! He is sooo precious!! Nothing better than some chunky thighs! Glad to hear breastfeeding is going well. Makes a Mama feel good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah happy one month Conley! I love when babies are chunky - their rolls are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! A month already?
    He's looking like a handsome dude.
    Glad he's a good eater, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, it's been a month already? He is chunky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One month already? No way! He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. aaaww....too cute!!!! Sounds like he is doing wonderfully and I'm glad to hear he is sleeping for stretches on some nights...momma needs her rest;)

    Happy 1 month, Conley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gah! One month already?? How did that happen?
    He's a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. he's such a cutie. happy 1 month to Conley (can't believe he's one month old, already). glad to know that nursing is going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ah, I love the chunky monkey babies! all 3 of mine were (smallest was 9 lbs, 3 oz). can't believe how a month has flown by - well, at least for us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow... This month has certainly flown by!! He is so adorable, Natalie!! :) Happy 1 Month, Conley! Hope you all are doing well... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Any suggestions on breast feeding, things you know now that you wish you'd known prior to starting? I'm pregnant and I want to be able to breast feed. Many of my friends have told me that it can be painful and frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have you tried Gripe Water for the gas? It worked wonders for D. Or bicycling his legs and rubbing his tummy in circles? My DH was the toot whisperer when D was little and he'd spend so much time rubbing her little belly to get the toots out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Holy cow a month already is right! That did go fast. And he is such a cute chubby guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. AWWW. he is so cute!!!! big boy :) my little one just turned a month!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cant believe he is one already. He is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Conley sounds so much like Gavin. Isn't the chunk to die for? Gavin is now 20 lbs at 4 months. Double-you-tee-eff!

    Glad to hear breastfeeding is going so well! Here's hoping that gas settles down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awww so beautiful!! What a cute little chunky monkey he is :)
    Wow 1 month? Happy 1 Month Conley!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy 1 Month (probably almost 1.5 now!) He's just handsome and i'm glad to hear he's eating so well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips