Yesterday was my birthday. Isn't it funny that when you are young your birthday is a HUGE deal and as you age, it becomes less and less? But that's ok though. I think it just comes with getting older.
I really did have a great birthday. Last weekend my mother-in-law watched the boys for a few hours while my husband and I went shopping. It really was a treat to get out like we used to...just the two of us.
Is it me or did the 80's just throw up everywhere and on every store? It's like I am seeing clothes from my childhood...which I would really like to forget. So I found a few items, but really I am not feeling the style of clothes right now. Isn't that how it always goes? You have money to spend but can't find anything to spend it on!
Then my mother-in-law had Nolan stay at her house so we were just left with the baby. You really do forget how easy one baby can be until you are all alone with just one. We did some more shopping and even had dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant where I indulged in a very large margarita.
The next morning we headed off to church with just the baby in tow, and afterwards headed to breakfast at IHOP. Those pancakes were like heaven in my mouth!
The day before my birthday, Laura and Ethan made a surprise visit to bring me an early happy birthday coffee from Starbucks. That my friends is true friendship right there at its finest. My favorite coffee in the morning, yes please!
Yesterday on my actual birthday the grandparents came over to watch the boys while I went to get a pedicure with my friend and then have dinner with the husband. My toes got some TLC and another fine dining experience was had with my better half---who also gave me the sweetest card and some gorgeous roses!
When we returned home, my in-laws had bought me a fabulous chocolate cake. If you didn't know, chocolate is always my first pick for dessert.
I'm so thankful to have such great family and friends in my life to make my birthday special---even if I don't like getting older :)
Happy birthday! It's always nice to be pampered a little. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds just wonderful. What a treat. Can your inlaws come watch D for a few days too?
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I've definitely noticed the 80s look. Ugh.
Happy Birthday! Really sounds like it was a great time. I love chocolate too...always a good choice for desert. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Really sounds like it was a great time. I love chocolate too...always a good choice for desert. :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had so many special birthday treats!!! Happy birthday (late) and I wish you many many more!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great birthday! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday! I know what you mean about birthdays...they don't seem as fun, even you do have a wonderful day. Birthday parties as a kid were the best.
ReplyDeleteTotally agree on the whole clothing...the only thing I am loving right now, are the riding boots.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so sorry that I didn't send you a card again this year. Fail! But happy brithday none the less, and I hope you have another great year!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a great birthday!! Happy Birthday!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! What a lovely time you had ... Sending you lots of chocolate :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Natalie!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a great day filled with yummy food, sweet gifts, shopping and people you love! Oh and chocolate and coffee ( my two faves as well!)
I love IHOP so much, can't wait to visit it again soon :)
Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had an awesome (alone) time!
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy birthday Natalie :) So glad to hear you enjoyed your day.
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy birthday Natalie :) So glad to hear you enjoyed your day.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful birthday! You have amazing friends and family that spoiled you! You deserve it mama!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! It sounds like it was perfect with the roses and the chocolate cake! :)
ReplyDeletehappy birthday! it's great that you get a little pampering on your birthday. you surely had a great time.
ReplyDeleteHappy (belated) Birthday!!! Chocolate is my favorite for dessert too. And yes, wonderful of your friends to bring you Starbucks!!
ReplyDeletexo
Happy Birthday Natalie! It sounds like you had some nice days spent shopping and dining... May you have a wonderful year ahead!
ReplyDeleteYes! Total 80's- and yes the pieces I like are far and few between. Happy belated birthday sounds like it was a great weekend
ReplyDeleteI am just sitting down to catch up on blogs so Happy Birthday a little late!! Your birthday celebrations sounded so wonderful - some relaxing time for yourself, some time with your hubby, and good friends and family!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a great birthday!
ReplyDeleteawww!! belated happy birthday!!! better late than never! :)
ReplyDelete