I want to always remember:
How his eyes twinkle when he smiles
His sweet nature
How cute it is when he gives you a kiss
His love for music and dancing
His goofy personality
How he loves to jump
His beautiful hair that already needs another haircut
His cute sayings..."Momma's coffee, Daddy's shirt, Daddy's here, Momma sit down, Momma's shoes, look at that, look at me, oh no, hot cool off, "more" everything."
How he runs around the house running and then says, "Daddy run, Momma run."
How sweet his hugs feel
His great memory and how he never forgets anything
To my sweet Nolan,
You are now two years old, which is crazy to me because I feel like I was just holding you as a little baby in my arms. You've become such the little man, and it's really bittersweet to watch you grow but also exciting.
I hope you always keep your sweetness as you get older because it's such a beautiful quality. Don't ever stop smiling or having fun. You are such a joy, and I'm so glad you were the one to make me a mom.
You'll always be Momma's little boy...no matter how big you get.


This is definitely an amazing age! I wish I could just bottle it up and keep it forever. They are so sweet now (when the they aren't throwing tantrums, of course! ;)
ReplyDeleteAww.... They grow up way too fast. I was holding Jax on the couch the other night thinking I can not believe that he will be 4 in April! Seriously, how did this even happen?
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to him! Hope your mama heart can hold on to all that love. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet memories of him right now! He sounds like a joy to be around!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie! I love their little sayings, and when they are wrong, I sometimes don't want to correct because they are too cute!
ReplyDeleteHey -- I think you just wrote a poem! Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI always loved this age too. everyday is just more learning, growing, discovering.....so fun to watch. Now that my youngest is 3....I'm in "all attitude, all the time" mode. But I don't know if I am a more relaxed, or just better parent now; but I find it hilarious. her little attempts to exert her independence often crack me up.
Isn't it awesome that you can write it all down here and he'll read it some day? :)
ReplyDeletei must agree with you 2 years old is my fave age, that is if they're not throwing tantrums! ha! but they really are the sweetest and funniest.
ReplyDeleteThey seem to keep growing up even if you ask them to stop. He is very sweet! Give him an extra hug from Colorado.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a fun age! I hope you enjoy and rember as much of two years old as you can!!! Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet post, Natalie! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteHe's a beautiful boy! Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving :)
ReplyDeleteAwwwww, your words to him are so precious.
ReplyDeleteHe's gorgeous! This age is so much fun. I loved every second of it, even the tantrums.
ReplyDeleteHe truly sounds like such a sweet boy. And yes- it is amazing how many things you do forget so good you wrote this post.
ReplyDeleteSo so sweet! He is adorable.
ReplyDeleteaww he's growing up to be such a big boy! 2 has got to be one of my favorite age! happy birthday nolan!!!!
ReplyDeleteI need to do this for Thatcher. He keeps us on our toes and laughing/smiling ... as cheesy as it sounds he just brings me so much joy and happiness. He's definitely the best part of every day ... and I want to bottle it all up! Since I can't, writing it down would be second best I suppose!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're writing all that down. I find that I'm already forgetting all the things that I thought I'd always remember!
ReplyDeleteAww Natalie, he is just gorgeous and I have loved watching him grow too!! I think he was only 9 months old when I started reading your blog :)
ReplyDeleteI understand the bittersweet feeling though but two is such a fun age :)
What a wonderful little men! How fun that he loves to be chased!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you document these moments in your blog so that you can always go back to read these precious memories :)
ReplyDelete