Monday, March 5, 2012

Wind, Rain, and a Salt Water Pool

I don't know about you guys, but we had some crazy wicked weather over the weekend.  It seems that most of the country did, and I have the families that were hit by the tornadoes in my thoughts and prayers.  I know we didn't get as bad as weather as others, however it was still scary.  I just kept thinking we were about to get more hail damage after we just finished repairing from the storms of last year.  Thank goodness we just saw wind and rain without any damage.

On Saturday, we went to Nolan's first swim class.  It was so much fun, and Nolan did his "Nolan thing" by being an observer.  He didn't mind the water and was totally relaxed.  It was as if he was at a spa, and I was there to pamper him.  He was just checking out everyone else, and we had a time getting him to look at Daddy and the camera.  It's so funny to see his personality and his reaction to new environments.  You will see in some of the photos that he has his "emotionless face" where literally I think he was just relaxing on mom's shoulder.  It was typical Nolan.  It's so interesting to see traits that he had as a baby still continue as he gets older.  He's a watcher and cautious before he jumps all in.  He wants to know what is going on before he makes a decision.

Hope you had a great and safe weekend!

22 comments:

  1. It's fantastic that he was so calm! He'll jump right in after a few more sessions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, he looks so sweet in his little swimming gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you didn't get any damage! It looks like a fun swim lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! It's not a bad plan for him to survey what's what first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stoic expression on his face. It's kind of funny actually because he just doesn't seem sad or happy or anything lol. Glad the first time in the pool was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to get the Jellybean signed up for swim lessons. Looked like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swimming lessons are so much fun!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad swim class went well! He does look pretty laid back and relaxed in his little swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww yay go Nolan go! So glad you guys had a great first sesh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you took him swimming. He will love it soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie! He does look super calm, which is awesome for being his first swim class.
    Swimming lessons are super important, I think. I know I had mine when I was really little, and I still remember getting summer lessons when I was 4 at my grandparents' house. Memories that will stay with me for always. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nolan and Donut are so much alike. They really ought to take swim class together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, how sweet is that? I remember when Jack started lessons - a little wary too. Now he's like a fish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So good that you are getting him in lessons already. And yes, they really do just come as they are. Looks like a great bathing suit

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's nice to see him so calm in the water. Better than completely freaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so loved doing the aquatots swim with all my kids. Zoo Zoo and I start up again in the Spring. thankfully, all of mine have loved the water.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you didn't have any damage. Storms can be so scary!

    Your swim lesson pictures were really sweet. He looks so content! And the pool looks relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pictures are so sweet! There is nothing wrong with being cautious. I'm glad he had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad the swim lesson went well! Seriously in every post I feel like Nolan is so much like J. Or I guess the other way around since Nolan is older. But those expressions are exactly how I feel J would react to a swim lesson, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like he had a great time in the water.

    We had wild weather here too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! He looks so at ease in the water. Gwen loves the water too, thank goodness bc I love the beach/pools/boat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips