Now that it's spring or SUMMER as I like to call it since it is already been mid 80's in my neck of the woods I thought I would ask my fellow bloggers about their favorite activites for their kids in the warm weather since Nolan will be able to do more this year. I'm trying to come up with some fun activities whether it's outside at the house or at a public place.
Here are a few ideas that I have or have done already:
*Go to the zoo
*Go to the parks to play on playgrounds
*Go to parks to go to splash pad
*Play in our baby pool from last year
What are some fun outdoor activities that you like to do?
We also like to do the Botanical gardens or something similar. We play outside a lot -- get outside toys. We have a sandbox, a bouncy house, a climbing thing, a slide, stuff to keep them busy! Little tikes has some great stuff, and you can get most of it on amazon for free shipping. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the pool to open! We're also going to try some of the local trails. Whatever we do, it'll have to be in the morning because it's already too hot out after lunch. It's going to be brutal!
ReplyDeleteWe have a water park near our house and we live there during the summer. We also live at the neighborhood pool. It all centers around water!
ReplyDeletei'm looking forward to temps in the 80's here. we're just creeping our way back into the 70's. the west coast is obviously confused! I think those all sound like great activities. maybe some museums. we have a kids museum here in L.A. where everything is interactive. My son loved it. Great way to keep cool in the summer months, burn some energy and learn in the process.
ReplyDeleteits definitely a mess for mama....but the sandbox is dollar for dollar our best investment ever. all 3 of mine will play together for hours.
ReplyDeleteyou can also get sand/water play tables - we had that previously and it was also a big hit.
other than that: bubbles, bubbles, bubbles! they LOVE them. and you can get these ones now that will blow the bubbles for younger kids (mine couldn't get enough of their lawnmower bubble blower.)
and finally - paint. my kids have repainted every single outdoor toy we own. then the rain washes it all away and they "renovate" LOL
Bubbles, feeding the ducks, wagon rides, and sidewalk chalk are very popular around here! Enjoy this weather with your sweet little man:)
ReplyDeleteSidewalk chalk, paint the house and sidewalks w/ a big paintbrush and water, plant some seeds and water them, running through sprinklers, bubbles, and I could seriously go on for days about this.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving this warm weather! Like love love love it! It's amazing, and I'm already getting a little color on me :) I think the vitamin D is definitely helping!
ReplyDeleteSeeing as I rarely venture out of the house with three kids, I don't have any guidance.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I am SOOOO jealous that you are getting nice weather already! It has been cold and rain/snow mix still, ugh!
ReplyDeleteLeah got a water/sand table for her birthday that we can't wait to set up outside! And she got a tricycle and sidewalk chalk too that we are excited to play with. :)We also like to go to a lake park close by that has a playground and small sandy beach area! Do you have anything like that close to you?
Yay for summer, my favorite! :)
It's been so hot here too! You have the same activities listed that I do. I have no idea what to do outdoors either at this age.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely the pool or water splash parks!! We go biking and hiking. Visit the zoo or aquarium or Lego land or museums or botanical gardens. We also like to go to pottery places where the boys love to paint a piece they pick out!
ReplyDeleteWe like to go to the pool during the summer. Also we spend a lot of time outside gardening.
ReplyDeleteWe bought Grayson a sandbox and he loves it. Lots of my friends have gotten water tables & their kids love them too!
ReplyDeleteWe love going to the parks. Sidewalk chalk too is a big hit!
ReplyDeleteWhat about a little trike that you can push along for him? And yes I agree with bubbles!! Mini tramoline? Balls to throw around, oh and a paint brush and a bucket of water always worked for my kids :)
ReplyDeleteHave fun!!
Swimming and parks are at the top of our lists usually. We also take hikes to the lake to feed the ducks.
ReplyDeleteI'm also on the haunt of toddler fun activities this summer.. I must agree with you in going to the park and of course plenty of swimming.
ReplyDeleteWe are going to the ZOO tomorrow to celebrate Evie's birthday! I am so excited, she love love loves animals so I can't wait to see her reaction!
ReplyDeleteWe love to go to the aquarium and then have a picnic (or grab lunch) and eat it outside. It's just fun to get out. We also have a beautiful botanical garden that we frequent. Oh, and I water table! We're getting one of those to put on the patio.
ReplyDeleteMy kids have discovered a love for sidewalk chalk. The other day it entertained them for over an hour. How could I argue with that?
ReplyDeleteIsn't the weather gorgeous? Today I was able to wear a tank top and sit in the sun and wear sunscreen! Here on the East Coast of Canada in the middle of March, this is rare (not to mention, we have snow in the forecast next week).
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how this would work in your family, but today I packed a picnic lunch, picked up my husband from work and drove to a public nature park to have a picnic with my family. It was awesome. Cameron had such a good time watching the squirrels and the blue jays!
1. Check Pinterest! :)
ReplyDelete2. Outside with Chalk (and a hose maybe?)
3. Sprinklers
4. Picnic in the backyard or at the park (before it's unbelievably hot of course!)
5. Make tents inside if it's too hot.
Can't wait to see all of the ideas you get!
Is Nolan too young to fly a kite? with your help of course :) And a picnic is always fun! Is there anywhere that has a pond with ducks or geese that you could feed stale bread to? Little kids always think that is fun :) And I agree with you - it does feel like summer! I got sunburned over the weekend - in March!
ReplyDeleteempty big boxes and chalk! so you can blog.
ReplyDeleteI'd have to say zoo and a baby pool are the top of my list. And knowing how hot it will really get this summer I'm trying to scrounge up some indoor activities as well. Some days when its well over 100 degrees you just don't want to go out!
ReplyDeleteOur summers are actually too hot to play outside so we hit story time at the library in the summer. Nice on those really really hot days!
ReplyDeleteWe live outside in the spring and summer, so we have a ton of backyard activities. T-ball/baseball, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, bean bag toss, sprinklers, slip-n-slide, basketball, bouncy house. And then there's the pool in the summer, or the park, bikes and wagon rides. We also go on scavenger hunts and rock hunts. Yeah, I pretty much LOVE the warm weather ;)
ReplyDeletewa-hoo! can i get a hallelujah for spring! so excited for the fun that is has to offer! so glad you guys have been up to so many fun things!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter and I enjoy going to the zoo and the park. I'd choose these over the mall on any given day.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy spring! :)
Oh I love the beautiful weather, here in the Netherlands we have had a few beautiful days.
ReplyDeleteWhen the weather is fantastic we love to do this:
Go to the water park
The woods
Playgrounds
Feeding the ducks
Bike ride (yes really Dutch LOL)