- 3 lbs of chuck (we did 2 lbs instead for less servings)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- One 6-oz can of tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika (we only had the normal kind to use)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Lightly season the beef with salt and heat in a large pot. We actually used our Dutch oven which worked perfectly for this application. Transfer beef to a plate and turn heat to medium. Brown onions and garlic, about 5 minutes. Return the beef to the pot and stir in tomato paste. (We also used a can of diced tomatoes to give it more liquid.) Cook 10 minutes and make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot. Add the chili powder, oregano, paprika, and cumin. You can also add cayenne. (My husband also added cinnamon and who knows what else to season it...he like to experiment with his chili seasoning!) Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low: simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
And there you have it folks...an awesome Primal Texas Chili!
.....what is chuck?
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious to me!
yum! sounds great, I love chili!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds really good!!!
ReplyDeleteI've never had chili with anything but ground beef either, but there are recipes everywhere for bigger chunks of meat. This sounds good! I love that it's called primal chili!
ReplyDeletegood ole texas chili! yum! :)
ReplyDeleteYea I haven't had chilli with chunks that often either- looks good
ReplyDeleteYumm. It looks perfect for this cold weather :-)
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful weekend Natalie!
That looks awesome! I love chili and like hearing about differents ways to make it. I'll have to add this to my collection. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds easy enough!
ReplyDeleteThat looks really good!! Thanks for sharing this recipe :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm loving all of these recipes! Yum.
ReplyDeleteThat looks so yummy! Thank you so much for following me! I am happy to have found your blog and I can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteIt looks wonderful! Chili in the winter is a go to meal at my house.
ReplyDeleteYum! My husband always makes chili with big pieces of steak instead of ground beef and I love it! Totally different take on it for sure.
ReplyDeleteYummy! And yes, 3 lbs sounds like it would have fed 20!
ReplyDeleteOoooh! Now I'm in the mood for chili!
ReplyDeleteI've been checking out this website for more tips and ideas since this is the way we're leaning towards eating (or at least how I am!). It's nice to have a friend doing the same. I bet my husband would like this recipe.
ReplyDeleteYummo! I'm definitely going to have to try this one. :) Hope you had a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteYah, so glad I found this because I need a good chili recipe for this weekend:)
ReplyDelete