This next dish actually ended up being my favorite overall the ones we've tried. We bought some grass fed pork that tasted so good...and better compared to normal pork loin. I've never had grass fed pork, but the taste and difference is amazing! I forgot to take a photo of this one as well so I will post the recipe and the photo from the website. This also had me cooking with sauerkraut which I have never done. It was definitely a winner in my book!
Roasted Pork Loin with Apples, Onions, and Sauerkraut via Mark's Daily Apple
3 lbs of pork loin (we used 1 1/2 lbs)
1 large onion thinly sliced
2 apples peeled and sliced (we used one)
1 lb sauerkraut (we used about 16 oz)
Salt, paprika, and pepper to taste
First, select a roasting pan large enough for your pork loin to lay flat. Season pork loin with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste and roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes. (we did about 20 minutes do to a smaller amount) Remove from oven, remove loin from pan and set aside. Line roasting pan with the sauerkraut (juice and all), top with pork loin and arrange apple and onion slices on top. Return to oven for an additional 45 minutes (total cooking time should run 20-30 minutes per pound of meat so adjust your time accordingly) or until internal temperature of pork loin registers 170 degrees on a meat thermometer.
Pinned this one to try later! Looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteThis look delicious!! My hubby would love it!!
ReplyDeleteYou like making me hungry lately!
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious and sounds wonderful, even though I'm not a fan of sauerkraut.
ReplyDeleteSounds delish! I am definitely making this one!
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious! Caleb's favorite is pork tenderloin so I'm always looking for new ways to make it!
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteI am Mirella and I'm from the Netherlands, I write my blog in English so I can learn the language better.
This recipe looks really Yummy I have to try is, I love to cook.
Sorry if my English isn't perfect.
I love that you put apple with it!
ReplyDeleteHOLY COW, that looks outstanding!
ReplyDeleteMakin' me hungryyyyyy ;)
ReplyDeleteUmmm yes we will make this!!!:)
ReplyDeleteI think this stuffing would work great with chicken too, since I don't eat pork. Yum!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't hungry. I am now. Thanks. LOL
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious! Yumm
ReplyDeleteThis sounds so good!!! I so much prefer grass fed meat to regular- and once you've had it, it's heard to go back. I love sauerkraut, and I am definitely going to try this!!
ReplyDeleteyum! i always love a new recipe!
ReplyDeleteomigosh!! i love this post! my mom makes roast pork loins every now and then and im always in port heaven hahaha! yummy!
ReplyDelete