Friday, September 23, 2011

Life's Lessons: The 11 Months Edition

It's finally Friday, and I'm linking up with Sara & Rach after a few missed Fridays.  I know how you have missed them my friends!

1) Wow...you just turned 11 months old.  I seriously can't fathom that we are on the countdown of your year birthday.  It seems like yesterday that you were just a little bitty baby who fell asleep on my shoulder.

2) You're about 22 lbs, and I have no idea how tall...maybe 29 inches?  You've definitely slowed down in the height department which has allowed you to chunk up a little bit.  But I don't mind pinching those cheeks!

3) Your new game is to hand everyone what you're holding.  Including your food to the dogs.  Which is slightly annoying, but I guess it's fun to watch your food hit the floor.

4) You love to dance.  Anytime music is on you'll start to boogie.  It's the cutest thing ever.

5) You stand by anything...you don't discriminate...couch, wall, dishwasher...you're an equal opportunity stander.

6) You will catch yourself every now and then standing without holding onto something because you have a toy in your hand.  Then when you realize you quickly plop down on your bottom. 

7) We had a play date yesterday, and you were so funny.  You were trying to talk to the 6 month old and trying to get him to chase you.  I couldn't believe my little baby was now on the brink of toddler hood and ready to play with others.

8) You love your big monkey rug in your room.  I say, "Where is monkey face?"  And you scoot over to go cuddle with it.  It's so sweet!

9) You also love to pull things out of baskets, drawers, or anything that is made to hold items.  It's created more work for mom because you always have blankets, wash cloths, or all the clean laundry out everywhere. 

10) You went on your first beach vacation and had a ball.  You had fun at the beach eating sand and playing at the pool.  You ate all kinds of food...and even tried some seafood which may not be allowed for a 11 month old but you had no problem breaking the rules.

11) You are chatting away with all kinds of new sounds.  You laugh so much besides the times when you take a tumble which have been quite frequently when you are testing your new skills.

12) You love playing a good game of chase.  I say, "Where are you going?" And you take off like a bolt.  You laugh so hard when I chase after you and play peek-a-boo.

12) Happy 11 months baby Nolan...soon to be toddler.  Mommy is having so much fun with you and is trying to savor all these wonderful moments!

27 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post, Natalie!

    Happy 11 months, Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie! I hope you are taking videos of his dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! 11 months old, he's changed so much in the past few months. Get ready it only gets crazy from here on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 11 months, Nolan, almost *gasp* 1!!! This is a fun age, Natalie, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet post! I love the middle stage between baby and toddler. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. time is really flying by. happy 11 months Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so cute! And from about 10 months to 18 months are my absolute favorite ages, they are just learning so much and so cute and starting to show who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww... he's so adorable. Happy 11 months to Nolan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post! Happy 11 months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!! Maggie is also an equal opportunity stander. And Cruiser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 11 months! What a great list to remember all the awesome things he is doing at this moment. It does fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man he's growing up! So cute! I hope this next month is as fun as all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, happy 11 months to him! He's adorable! And I think you should post a video of him dancing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. #8? Just so sweet. I smiled when you said he's an equal opportunity stander! Donut is just not at all interested in being mobile yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post really makes me smile. I'm seeing him grow up through your blog and it's so wonderful. He's such a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have the same exersaucer!

    Luke loves to stand all the time too..on everything. He'll just grab a wall and go. I love it!! He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My youngest is 13 months and I just figured out today she loves to dance to music. We had a dance party. The things I learn when I get some one on on time with baby. Your game of chase with Nolan sounds soo cute!!!

    Visiting from life lessons

    ReplyDelete
  18. We just got back from the beach too. What fun it must have been to have your little one at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're making me miss that time! So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. He is getting so big, I can't believe it each month when I read the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe how much he's grown! It's crazy! I also think you should videotape him dancing. I feel like that's one of those terribly cute moments that needs to be shared with your blog friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that you write down so many things so you won't forget everything Nolan is doing at this stage! He will be 1 before you know it - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh...he is getting so big!!! Where have our babes gone?? We've broken some of the food rules too-oppss;)

    Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips