Monday, September 12, 2011
Not Just Chromosomes--by Germaine at Kiddothings
Since I'm on vacay this week, I've asked some of my bloggy friends to fill the void. Heck they might even do a better job than me. Ahhh well at least I'm at the beach.
First up is my gal Germaine from Kiddothings who is half way around the world in Malaysia. If you haven't checked out your blog, you really are missing out. She's also got a great linky she recently started called Picnesday. Today she's here to talk about her lovely two kids and how different her boy and her girl can be.
Not Just The Chromosomes
When Natalie asked me to guest post for her, I was thrilled beyond belief. This is the first time anyone has asked me to guest post. I'm truly honoured and happy to be here today to fill in for one of my best bloggy buddies.
When I was at a loss for what to write, clever Natalie suggested that I write about the loves of my life - my kids; and how different they are. I thought what a great idea because they are totally different not just in the chromosomes they possess but also their personalities and everything else. I have a 4 and a half year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl. They are exactly 2.5 years apart but when it comes to how they behave - worlds apart. I get confused sometimes, who plays the boy and girl roles. And this is why...
My Boy
The New Age Guy. Mr. Sensitive if you like. Emotionally vulnerable. Gentle.
He gets teary easily and is often at the losing end of a confrontation with his sister. Partly because he's the big brother and has to set a good example. Partly also because he's just the sweetest soul and loves his little sister to bits. (although there have been times he wished he didn't have a sister).
He is not adventurous and is chicken when it comes to big slides and monkey bars in the playground.
My Girl
The New Age Girl. Ms. Bully if you like. Obstinate. Stubborn. And all other words that have more or less the same meaning.
The BIGGEST thug in our household (and I don't mean her size). Used to love hitting her brother on the head with whatever she's holding. Now, she just snatches away everything HE is holding. I've lost count of the number of times she has made her brother cry and gotten him in trouble. (that poor guy).
A little too adventurous for her own good. She will scale the biggest slides in the park and climb on anything climb-worthy.....and not. It's no wonder why so many strangers have mistaken her for a boy (even when she's wearing a frilly pink top).
Now you see why I'm confused.
Of course both of them do have traits that are unique to their respective chromosomes.....
My Boy
Loves anything robots, aliens, cars and construction sets. Is not fussy when it comes to clothes or shoes. Pretty straight forward with his demands and is quite easily appeased.
My Girl
Loves anything shoes, bags, shoes, clothes and did I mention shoes? Super fussy and fickle. Can't decide what she wants - she would ask for one thing and in the next second, change her mind.
Now you know why I love my life as a mother to these two creatures.
***************
It's been wonderful guest posting here today Natalie. Thanks so much for the opportunity!
Now isn't she just awesome? So check her out, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
Labels:
Guest Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks so much again for having me here Natalie. I'm sure you're having a fantastic holiday with your family! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, thanks for the shoutout for Picnesday!! :)
ReplyDeleteNice to see Germaine here! It's wonderful to be able to see how two children from the same parents are so different!
ReplyDeleteHi there...came from Germaine's blog. Lovely and funny post about her kiddos :) Hope you are having a great vacay, Natalie :)
ReplyDeleteIt's the new ages ay. Sentimental boys and tomboy sheilas; not strange concept in amongst my siblings. Somethings will change though, for the better... and, unfortunately, worst. Hahaha.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post! Your kids are so cute :)
ReplyDeleteIt's quite amusing to see how different kids from the exact same parents are. No matter what you do, those little ones come bundled with their own little personalities!
ReplyDeleteHi Germaine! I loved your guest post! I can't wait to see if my second will be anything like my first!
ReplyDeleteGreat guest post! Loved learning about another one of your blog friends and her cutie patutie kiddos!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to find your blog, Natalie. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday!
ReplyDeleteGermaine, great guest post! I can so see why you love being with your kids. That boy grin ... simply priceless.
I love their differences. JDaniel has your son's interests and your daughter's indecision.
ReplyDelete----They are both so different & unique...this is usually how it is. I know my 2 boys definitely have different personalities. They are gorgeous. :))
ReplyDeleteAlison, Barb, Pierre, Sherri Lynn, Rach, Barbara, Amanda, Mama J, Deirdre and Kim...Thank you all for your lovely comments here!
ReplyDeleteYour kids sound super sweet and are awfully cute! Funny how different they can be right?! It'll be interesting to see how ours are different when we are blessed to have another!
ReplyDeleteHappy Vacay Natalie!
I love to read about other people's kids...especially one's as cute as Germaine's!
ReplyDeleteI love it because all 3 of mine are active little terrors. Maybe if I have a 4th I'll get the strong, silent type finally? LOL
It's so funny that they're so different from one another! But they're both too cute!
ReplyDeleteI hope you're having a great time girly :-)
i think he's going to grow up to be such the patient, gentleman. he's getting plenty of practice at home. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing to see how children can be so different!
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun to learn about your kiddos! I think it's amazing to see how kids are just born with such unique personalities.
ReplyDeleteI can really relate to your thoughts about your kids...even though my boy is only like 3 months plus, he's got such a gentle spirit. And his older sis, well, she's very strong-willed, to say the least. I can only hope they rub off / balance out each other in their growing years! :P
ReplyDelete