Friday, September 2, 2011

Life's Lessons: And It's Still HOT Edition

Wow it's Friday...not just any Friday but Labor Day weekend Friday.  That's just awesome.  Let's link up with Sara & Rach to see what we learned.
1) Don't you wish when the calendar rolled around to September 1st that fall weather automatically followed?  Except it doesn't and it's still as hot as August. 

2) All my grass is all dead.  I guess it saves some mowing.

3) I'm still not able to enjoy my deck because the thermometer reads like 100 degrees out there.  It gets a lot of blazing afternoon sun.

4) The birds have been eating my tomatoes because it's so hot and no rain.  Who knew gardening was so hard in a square foot garden box?  I've been fighting off caterpillars...now birds????  I already said forget the organic pest spray for the poor broccoli...I went with the powerful real stuff.

5) I went walking with Nolan in the stroller at 7pm in the evening...still over 90 degrees.

6) However we will be going on vacation to the beach in a few weeks.

7) It will still be hot but at least I'll be close to the pool and ocean.

8) It will be little boy's first trip to the beach so please pray that he loves the sand and ocean.

9) Why is it out of all the toys in my house that my son insists on playing with the gas fireplace and pulling the fake rocks out and then trying to eat them?

10) And why do I even have fake little rocks?  How about some big ones so they aren't as much a choking hazard.

Well there you have it!  Hope you have a wonderful long holiday weekend!

31 comments:

  1. Ack, hot weather sucks.

    Um, fact: Kids like things that are not toys, to use as toys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm done with the hot weather too- SLC was beautiful- still warm but not unbearable, and great breezes!! I hope you have so much fun at the beach!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly does seem that they want whatever they KNOW they aren't supposed to have... Like the dog bowls, or the remote controls, or the Desitin cream {the list goes on, and I'm sure you know the rest of the details}... :) I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!
    And I'm sooo jealous of your beach vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, after I published my comment, {obviously} I realized that my husband signed in last night... So "Allen" is actually ME! :) So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stupid little fake rocks are the reason I have a permanent baby gate over my fireplace. Really....I should just remove them because it's become an eyesore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cooled down a little bit around here in the last few days, but monday is supposed to be back in the 90s. I'm going to take this nice weather as long as I can, bc I know soon enough it's going to get all rainy and yucky for a while. It's necessary, but still a pain to deal with.
    I hope you have a great holiday weekend girly! And that Nolan loves the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So. Ready. For. Fall. SERIOUSLY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news that you don't have to mow any more! My kids are not so fond of our real toys either. If it can't be dangerous or breakable then it's not so exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your vacation, crossing fingers and toes that Nolan will love the beach.

    In my house the little girl prefers to play with my mobilephone , remote control and other stuff that are not really toys. So sometimes I give up and just give her plastic plates, saucer then she'll be happy. And the mommy will have 2 minutes of peace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The heat will be gone soon.

    To keep birds from eating your tomatoes just put dog food out for them to eat instead. Works for the birds at my house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hot here too! Like 104 degrees yesterday and today. We are supposed to catch a break in the heat in the next few days. Fingers crossed you will too!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hot weather and walks = no fun...hope it starts to get cooler for you.
    Boys love the beach, I think he will have a blast!
    Our fireplace is covered also, so no little kid hands can sneak in there...they find everything but their toys to play with.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha about the rocks! Sorry you can't lock it up; we had to otherwise our little one would have been in there too. Hope it cools down for you. If it makes you feel any better it's been 116 here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so over the hot summer weather too. Although it sounds like it has been way hotter in your part of the world than in mine.

    Have fun at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just linked to say I liked your comment about passive aggressiveness on TV's blog, and included one of your points in my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am done with the humidity but am so sad to see summer go!

    Also? Kids love things that aren't actually toys. The smaller, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all- I'm sure little Nolan will love the beach! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and the hubby on your trip. And second of all-- kudos to you for growing your own vegetables! Every time someone gives me a plant, I accidentally kill it. So I'm totally impressed. (Back off, birds and caterpillars!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do think fall weather should arrive as soon as school starts - September 1 is fine. Yesterday felt like the hottest day we've had in a while. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donut is the same way with toys--she plays with empty tissue boxes and plastic yogurt containers. Toys are a waste of money!

    I thought you all finally got some cooler weather? Guess it heated back up. Boo.

    I'm impressed you're growing broccoli! I didn't get around to gardening this year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, YES!!!!! It makes me so mad that it's September and still so so hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Natalie, no, I don't wish Fall would arrive on September 1, but that's just because the summers aren't ridiculously hot here and because fall pretty much does arrive on September 1 - too soon for us northerners - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. There goes my bottled pasta sauce!
    I think Nolan will love the beach! Have a great weekend You!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nolan will love the beach!! So much to see and do...I am pretty sure if I took Liam there at the moment he would try and eat the sand :)
    Wow it sure sounds hot over there, much like our Summers are here too...something to look forward too :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. #1......absolutely NOT! I LOVE the hot weather and am so not looking forward to Fall.....or Winter which is just around the corner. I just feel like we don't get enough summer. That's just me though :)

    Enjoy your vacation at the beach! I'm sure your son will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great point about those little fireplace rocks. Also? It sounds like you live next door to me or something. I'm in Houston. It's hot here. Really hot.

    ReplyDelete
  26. uugghhh...i feel for you on the crazy hot weather - things have finally started to cool down here in VA and I feel like I have a new lease on life!!!

    And yes...I hear ya on the rocks...Addie got introduced to rocks for the first time while we on vaca and she was constantly trying to eat them - SO scary!!!

    Hope you guys are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw, I hope he love the sand- mine area all beach boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm a fan of the hot weather. I know, i'm odd that way. As far as odd toys - my son loves the empty diapers box. Fun times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Now it is the end of Labor Day weekend. Hope it was a great weekend for you! It was wonderfully good and long for us, so I am definitely grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  30. We have those little rocks too!!! W hasn't gone after them yet. We are total hawks when watching him when he's around that area. He gets quite the "no" when he even tries to get near!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Did it cool off for you at all? It's very nice here suddenly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips