Monday, September 19, 2011

Back to Reality

I can't believe it's already Monday, and the fact that I'm back from vacation.  I'm going to post some pics of our beach trip to Hilton Head, SC, and some great places we ate later this week...because first I wanted to share a creepy event that happened yesterday when we ate a late lunch with my mother-in-law.

We were sitting down, and this kind of too thin, too creepy waitress came over to get our drink order.  She then proceeds to put her hands all over my baby.  We're not talking just touching his feet or pinching his cheeks.  We're talking about cupping his chin in her skinny long finger nailed hand and then rubbing all over his head from the back of his neck and all over his face.  I really was cringing the whole time and didn't know what to do.  It was almost like she was the Wicked Witch of the West saying, "I'll get you my pretty!"  I wish I could describe exactly how she was caressing his face, but I don't think my words give it justice.  She would not leave him alone!  Luckily, I think Nolan is a good judge of character because he wouldn't give her a high five or smile at her.  Yet that did not stop her from being all up in his grill.  Have any of you had this happen to you, and if so what did you do? 

Also here's my favorite photo from the trip.  Please ignore the poor lighting as it was at night.  It was at Roastfish & Cornbread where I had the most amazing fish tacos!  Nolan was also jamming to the live music and entertaining the other guests.  Any ideas how to edit my beautiful black bra strap out of the pic?  Hope everyone has a great Monday!

23 comments:

  1. I just had the heebie jeebies reading how the waitress was all over Nolan! I really dislike strangers touching my son, so I'm completely with you on this! Fortunately, I haven't had an experience like that, though many people have stroked his arm, tousled his hair, pinched his cheek - I did not like all that either! (possessive much?)

    Other than with PhotoShop, I don't think you can edit the bra strap out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this pic--black strap and all! Glad you are back (so I can read your posts!) but I am sure you'd take vacation any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What in the heck? I'd be wanting to slather him in disinfectant after that. How she thought it was appropriate to get all touchy on your baby is beyond me. ICK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a neighbor that does that all the time and it drives me insane!! I immediately disinfect my son with wipes and hand sanitizer - because she is that bad! I haven't figured out how to stop her from doing it though, other than leaving my house at dawn so she can't wait for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! When we were in Texas, EVERYONE touched Maggie, but not creepily. I think that's just how they do it in the South. But that's just wrong. Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would be freaking out- it is hard though when she is serving your food and you are stuck there. You are beautiful! Black strap and all- but yep, any of the photo editing programs could take that out easy. I want fish tacos now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a sweet photo!

    My oldest used to freak out if someone would touch him.

    After that- he would smack away someone's hand from touching his brothers. It was rude, but at least he took care of it so I didn't have to say anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photoshop for the bra.

    I would have told the creepy lady to stay away from my kid. I'm not very polite when it comes to strangers putting their hands on my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ewwwwwww that just gave me the shivers! That creepy lady is right up there with those wierdo strangers who like to come up and rub your belly when you are pregnant.

    But that picture of you two is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope I look as pretty as you when I'm a mom!

    I'm with Alison, I would have gone postal on the waitress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all weird about people touching Donut too. That waitress was way out of line.

    That's a great pic! Have you tried Picnik or Pixlr? Both are free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not like when people touch my kids! I've said, both politely and not, to back off of them before. It might sound harsh, but they're your children. Someone has to stick up for them!

    But, eww! This story made me cringe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh! I hate baby touchers!!!! Go away :)
    Glad you had a great time and can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whenever we go to an Indian restaurant, the waiters love pinching my kids' cheeks. It's the norm here, so I've got used to that and so have my kids. However if a waitress did all the touching Nolan experienced, I'd tell her to leave him alone. Creepy!

    Photoshop is the way to go with bra straps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so creepy! I think it's really rude when people are all over your child. I don't know the right way to handle it, though.

    And that picture of you and Nolan is SO good - both of you look great! I think you'll need some serious photo editing to get that bra strap out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to help get that bra strap out of the pic for you! Maybe this week I can help, if you send me the original. You have my email right? Also, I love the picture. Nolan is such a cutie! Glad you're back from vacay (only because you're back to your regularly scheduled blogging). I missed youuuu

    ReplyDelete
  17. That definitely is creepy. If we are in a booth, I usually put my son on the inside and if we are at a table I usually put him away from where I think they will be. When he was still in a carrier, I often put a blanket over it...I am a major germ-a-phobe so...that's just me.
    Such a great picture of you guys too...can't wait to see the others.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is totally creepy. I can't stand when people touch my kids. I'm such a germ freak, that I do sometimes ask them to stop. Yah, I'm totally rude. ;) Love that picture! He's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have an issue with strangers getting too close to my child too. The mama bear in me comes out. That's just creepy. Why would you touch someone else's child. Respect his space. Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would have been stuck in that situation, too. I think I'd have tried to keep him away for return visits to the table, but would have had to "ride it out" initially.

    SO creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. eeekkkk....that is SUPER creepy. I've been store stalked by a woman who was crying and telling me what a beautiful baby addie was and that she had always wanted a granddaughter (momma bear was in full effect) but only had grandsons (she then proceeded to buy a frilly diaper cover...talk about looney bin) and i was just totally creeped out by it but I have no advice on what to do. Luckily my mom was with me and she was able to run interference while i made an escape but people are crazy!!! I cant wait to see all of your beach pics and hear about your vacay!!!

    Welcome back...we missed you:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is just disturbing! It's almost like you wouldn't know what exactly to say in that situation. Poor Nolan! And definitely poor you! I'm so glad that you've had a good time other than that :-) And you guys are SO stinkin cute! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahahha!! Creepy indeed. Thankfully, I never had any strangers go over my babies like that. They usually just pinch or touch their cheeks. This is too funny when I try to picture her doing that to Nolan and the whole scene!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips