I'm so excited to be over here at Natalie's Blog! I'm not sure how we found each other (and I think I'm taking a lot of credit here, since I'm pretty sure she found me) but I'm so very glad that we're friends-and not just because she also loves Adele (although that goes a long, long way in my book...).
Here's the thing though….Natalie, like most of the blogs I frequently read, is a mommy blogger. There isn't anything wrong with this, but I'm not one. I'm totally fine with this-and it's not like I'm purposefully seeking out mommy blogs, it just happens that way. Most of the time I can handle it, and read the stories, leave a little comment and move on.
Natalie's son?
Makes me want a baby.
Now to be totally fair, there are a few of my bloggy friends that all have babies within the same age range, and they are ALL adorable. And if I were guest posting on their blogs, it would be similar content. But Natalie's blog was the very first one where I read a post on something baby-related and thought….
"I could do that".
And
"I want one of those".
I've said in the past, on my very own blog, that many times I have mistaken "baby-lust" with just wanting a stroller to hold my Starbucks and haul my shopping purchases around the mall (I definitely have stroller envy-they are like fancy shopping carts!!), or getting to buy super cute outfits.
Oh, the outfits….
I manage a children's clothing store and once a month, when shipment comes in, I avoid the newborn section like it's the plague… Inevitably, I will wander over and see something new, and think maybe I'm ready.
The nice thing about working in a store like that?
As soon as I'm done thinking a thought like that, another child gets dragged in and pitches a fit over something….
And it's back to my not-ready-reality.
So I have learned to apply this strategy to my Google Reader… I know which blogs will make me want to give birth (ahem, From Corporate To Domestic) and which will drag me back down to reality* with stories of sleepless nights, poop, and epic tantrums (did Y'all REALLY think I was going to name names??).
And so I remain childless (although, not for always, just for now). A lone non-mommy blogger in a land of diaper, breast is best, learning to walk, and car seat stories. And for now, I'm perfectly OK with that. And so is this spoiled girl….
*That is NOT to say that Natalie isn't writing about her reality, or is sugar coating things. She is the first one to put difficulties out there, she just tempers them with such adorable pictures.....
Now isn't she just the best? I love Sara's writing and her sarcasm! Please check out her blog because I know you will feel the same way. She also has an awesome link up every week that I participate in called Life's Lessons. Hope you enjoyed meeting Sara!
I am so with you on the stroller envy thing! There are so many fascinating ones out there. That being said, I am also way too cheap to even consider half of them so I make do with the two that I have and really don't even use anymore.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Sara! I strongly suspect that I could be one of those blogs that make you think twice about whether or not you are ready. ;)
Jenn
I think I mistook stroller envy for baby fever at first. I must admit though, it is amazing having somewhere to put your drink while you shop, and I've used my stroller to carry out bottles of wine from a wine fair...if that isn't classy I don't know what is!
ReplyDeleteWell Sara, Jellybean wouldn't mind some of those cute outfits! Lol!
ReplyDeleteAs for stroller envy - now that I have a bambino - I totally still have it. Its just like my car. I'll be pushing Jellybean along in his Ford Pinto and suddenly a Porsche pulls up beside us and then cuts us off.
I'm teaching him how to flip them off...
Hmmm...I bet I make you think if you are ready...especially since I'm nuts and have two less than two years apart...
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure my blog is one of those that makes people NOT want to have kids! Hahaha
ReplyDeleteI'm a mom already but I don't get the baby itch when I read blogs although I know many people that do.
ReplyDeleteI know babies and baby things would usually not get to me- until I was ready and trying and it took a while- then I almost hated seeing them as I wanted it all so bad.
ReplyDeleteGreat post
Oh Sara, you crack me up! Natalie and Nolan do make it look easy. I'll be the blogger who tells you straight up what's it like at 3am when you're changing the 10th poopy diaper of the day and you don't care anymore that it's in your hair, you just want to sleep! But then, I'll also be the one to tell you that there is just nothing like the way Donut's face lights up when she sees me. Sigh. Enjoy your place in life wherever you are. :)
ReplyDeleteHey now we don't make it look easy LOL! Like today we had to take Nolan out of the restaurant b/c he was not having it. Our friend the teething fairy is back...and she's not very nice!
ReplyDeleteI always love reading what Sarah has to say...she seriously cracks me up on the regular!!!! I can't wait for her to have a little one...I can only imagine the humor that will follow!!!!
ReplyDeleteSara's a doll. But I think I am the blogger that makes her think she doesn't need children yet;)
ReplyDeleteI even had baby fever, and I am SO DONE having kids! It happens! Maybe I just wanted a stroller ride?
ReplyDeleteReading about Nolan always makes me want to have another baby. I know how you feel Sara! :)
ReplyDeleteBlogging always makes me want a baby, too!! There sure are some cuties out there!
ReplyDeleteShe's hilarious! And I can totally relate. Before having Giada I was so lusting over all things baby, sometime even more then the baby itself. haha
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome post! I am cracking up about the kids pitching fits in the store... that wouldn't (ahem) be mine...
ReplyDelete