Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Little Bit of Cabin Fever and a Birthday

I hope everyone had a relaxing holiday weekend.  Yesterday little man and I had a little bit of cabin fever because we were in the house ALL.DAY.LONG.  It was raining cats and dogs and not worth the hassle of actually getting out---especially with a baby.  I didn't realize how just getting out to go to the store or ANYWHERE for that matter makes such a difference in our day.  Literally Nolan was get bored of the house and if he could have talked would have said, "Let's blow this popsicle stand, Mom!"  Needless to say we'll be getting out today for a change of scenery.  We did get some good news yesterday...Nolan's birthday outfit is shipping today, and I received the design for his invitation.  Mark those off the list!

Happy Tuesday and a very Happy 30th Birthday to my friend Sarah!  We've been friends for 10 years and early next year she'll be adding to her family with a little boy or girl.  Hope you had a great time at the beach and wonderful birthday! (Sarah is the blue-eyed brunette in the front!)

26 comments:

  1. I hate rainy days like that! We are having one today :( Send some sun our way, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all the fun conversations about babies you'll now be able to share with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rainnnnningggg so much here! Making for a very dull day and a huge lack of motivation. Let's just say that I'm ready to go home from work now...Happy birthday to your friend!!! And what is this birthday outfit for Nolan? I want to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the weather! Hate days like that.

    What fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOO RAIN. My kids actually love rain. PJ especially. He thinks it's funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry about the weather! such fun pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. rain rain, go away! great picts--all such cute chicks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting out of the house definitely makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rainy days just get us down, don't they? Reminds me of an old Carpenters song :)

    I wonder what Nolan's birthday outfit looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate rain. I absolutely despise it! From December to March I go insane b/c it's wet and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rainy days are nice sometimes, but it's also nice to get out. You and your friends are all so cute together! Congrats & happy bday to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 30th birthday to your friend Sarah!!!

    I hope you guys were able to get out and about today...being stuck inside makes me cranky too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yup, yup, yup, I know exactly what you mean about cabin fever! It's not that I dislike being home, but I really like getting out, even if it's just the grocery store. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some better weather your way!

    Such cute pics of you and your girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It really is amazing how getting out changes the little one's mood. We try and get out every day too--even if it's just to the grocery store or Target. She just is so much happier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww, looks like you have some wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw...I miss my friends from looking at your pictures here. It's been so long since I got together with my girlfriends. It gets more difficult when everyone starts having kids.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know all about the cabin fever. But sometimes getting out with a cranky baby it's even a bigger pain.
    I'm glad you had a great time with your friend. I love getting together with friends whom I feel like I've known a lifetime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the days when we are at home the whole day but not when it's raining. I want to feel like I can go out if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ack! I hate rainy days, too! I used to like them before I had a little one (gave me an excuse to clean or get things done in the house) -- but now? Trying to keep my roaming toddler happy while cooped up for 12 hours until Daddy comes home is QUITE the feat! I feel your pain. Happy birthday and congrats to your girlfriend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Staying in the house all day is so hard! By the time Caleb gets home I'm crabby and he always knows I've been cooped up all day. I try to spread my errands throughout the week so I have excuses to get out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I know all about the cabin fever little ones get! Hope you manage a day out today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. cabin fever is no joke! i need to at least get out for a walk or i'm bonkers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It rained over Labor Day weekend here, as well. I wish I could say the "cabin fever" gets better as your son gets older, but . . . my kids were climbing the walls by the 3rd day, and I made everyone put on their rubber boots and go outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. If I could bottle up this beautiful fall weather we are having and send it to you, I would in an instant!

    Hope you get out and about today!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I definitely hate to feel stuck in the house like that! I just need to get out once a day - just once - so I won't feel so crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips