This week is my 4th wedding anniversary with my husband, even though it feels like I should be able to add more years since we've been together for 10 years. Just typing that makes me feel old for some reason. Anyways, his work is sending him out of town on our actual anniversary and the two days following. So we decided to celebrate our anniversary this past Saturday. My in-laws watched the little man, and we headed out to a lovely dinner where I might have enjoyed some pomegranate martinis. Maybe just two--because I'm a light weight. We had a great time at this restaurant that had a perfect romantic ambiance. We were very happy since it was our first time dining at this place. Overall we had a great evening with just the two of us. It's sometimes easy to forget about the "just the two of us" since we are a family of three. But it's so important to set aside time to just be a couple.
Because that's what began this journey.
 |
| Chicago October 2009 |
We finished the evening off with dessert...and you know nothing is better when they have the red sign on saying they are fresh....oh yeah some Krispy Kreme!
Happy anniversary!!! Glad you got to do something to celebrate before he goes out of town. Those Krispy Kremes are calling to me. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary darlin!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy early anniversary!!! Sounds like you had a great night! (I'm a light weight too, no worries)
ReplyDeleteHappy early anniversary!! BOO to your hubs being out of town on your actual anniversary:(
ReplyDeletePS those doughnuts look amazing-my mouth is watering:)
I'm glad y'all had such a great night out-I love pomegranate martinis:)
Happy Early Anniversary!!! I love a good martini!!! And a good Krispy Kreme too. lol. Glad you guys had a great night out... I totally agree that "just the two of us time" has to happen every now and then :)
ReplyDeleteHappy early anniversary!!! Looking at the doughnuts makes me crave for some krispy kreme too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Sounds like a great evening. Grandparent babysitting is the best.
ReplyDeleteoh yes that sign at Krispy Kreme - I love to see that :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
Happy early anniversary! And yes, that red sign for hot Krispy Kreme is the best!!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! Now, I'm craving for some KK's!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!! Glad you were able to celebrate it. And yes, fresh warm Krispie Kreme's are so good.
ReplyDeletehappy early anniversary! boo on your hubs working on the actual special day! but yay for a time that y'all got to celebrate in advance!
ReplyDeletewhy did you show me those Krispy Kreme's! Not even fair! Happy Anniversary! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary...and those donuts, look so good!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a wonderful night out! Happy early anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you guys had such a great time! Those donuts made me drool!
Happy Anniversary! Couple time is SO important :)
ReplyDeleteIt's very important and I'm so glad you had that evening together!!! Oh how I love Chicago, by the way.
ReplyDeleteHappy early anniversary. I hope you enjoyed my favorite drink ever.
ReplyDeleteOh, yum! Happy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteGirl after my own heart ... no Krispy Creme down in in FL no mo'
ReplyDeleteSo enjoy, I am jealous!
Happy Anniversary! Love that you went out for some Krispy Kreme!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! It sounds like y'all had an amazing evening. Isn't it funny how after the littles ones come along, it's the small things that mean so much! Like donuts of course! ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThey just opened a Krispy Kreme two blocks from my house. They are TO DIE FOR. Seriously. SO good!
Happy early 4th Anniversary! It's so true that it's so important to make time for just the 2 of you. It has been pretty difficult for me since I had #2 and night out with just the hubs is really a luxury these days.
ReplyDeleteHappy early anniversary! I agree that sometimes we have to make some alone time with our husbands. Any date that ends with Krispy Kreme has to be amazing!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th Anniversary!! I'm sure there have been so many blessings in these last 4 years... :)
ReplyDeleteHappy, Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you got a night out on the town to indulge in some delicious pomegranate martinis! Martinis make everything more special, no? Congrats to you and your hubby!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! It is nice to get out and have a dinner just the two of you. What a perfect dessert. Yum!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary. Doesn't the time just fly by!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! That's awesome that you guys ended up having crispy cream's
ReplyDeletehappy anniversary you two! wishing you two many many more years of happiness, love and laughter
ReplyDeleteThe reason I love flying out of Sydney International is because there is a Krispy Kreme stand there!!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th (10th) Wedding Anniversary to a lovely looking couple xo
Sounds like you had a really nice night. and you're right, it really is important to continue to do things just as a couple sometimes. Take it from a married broad who has over 10 years of this marriage thing under my belt. haha
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!