Last night the husband and I had an early Valentine's Day dinner at one our favorite restaurants, and our meal did not disappoint! We decided to keep this V-day low key this year. A fun fact about us: Valentine's Day is a special holiday for us as a couple because it's the first one we spent together when we had just started dating. We weren't even "official" yet, so it was a big deal for us to have a date on V-day. I always have fond memories of V-day and looking back at our college days and how he always managed to make me feel special. Who could believe we've been each other's Valentine for 12 years!
Here's an old photo from that day in 2001...(sorry the photo quality is so bad!)
This morning I decided to do the boys Valentine's gifts since Nolan has school tomorrow. He was super excited to add Bash, Dash, Ferdinand, Emily, and Harold the Helicopter to his Thomas the Train collection. We also opened his V-day gifts from my parents that my mom sent to the boys.
And he also received some fun heart stickers...toddlers love them some stickers don't they?
And of course Nolan had to take over Conley's gifts as his own...oh the life of the 2nd born!
What are you doing for Valentine's Day?
Natalie



hehe I had to giggle that Nolan took over the toys! Sounds like you guys had a great early Valentine's day!
ReplyDeleteyour boys are to cute.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute picture of you two!! I am totally slacking this year for Valentines! I haven't even gotten cards for the kids yet. :(
ReplyDeleteFun! I love that you're making Valentine's Day so special for your kids!
ReplyDeleteI love looking back at pictures like that :) What a great early valentine's day!! Hope you have a great one tomorrow with the boys too!
ReplyDeleteMy 3 year old is always claiming the baby's stuff as his own. Poor baby. :)
ReplyDeleteLove seeing the 2001 picture of you guys!
Ok Happy Valentines Day and your boys are still the cutest ever and all but...
ReplyDelete....you haven't aged a bit and I may now hate you.
xo
:)
I agree with Les, you both haven't changed at all!! What special memories you have of Valentine's Day, so sweet you had your first date all those years ago :)
ReplyDeleteThey are the cutest! Love the picture of you and your hubby!
ReplyDeleteYou can see the love shimmering in the picture of ya'll, even 12 years ago. I love when people love Valentine's Day :) Beautiful sons, by the way! Great pictures :)
ReplyDeleteI just posted about Valetine's day for us... even though I have to be on bed rest my husband made it a special memory :)
Happy Valentine's Day!! Glad you got a date night with your sweetie. You guys look so young in that picture!!
ReplyDeleteNolan looks SO excited about his goodies!! Sweet boy:)
ReplyDeleteNolan looks SO excited about his goodies!! Sweet boy:)
ReplyDeletei just love conley's photo! and i must agree with you Natalie, toddler love their stickers so much.
ReplyDeletewow, 12 years?! that's amazing!
Love that picture of you two! You haven't changed much! Such a great looking couple!!
ReplyDeleteLove that picture! How fun that your first date was on Valentine's day- that seems like it would put a little more pressure on it. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes smart to go out early as it's just way too crowded on Valentine's day.