Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Go-To Meals

As many of you might remember over a year ago, my husband and I decided to follow the Primal Blueprint for our meals.  Many of you and my friends ask but what do you eat?

And honestly I find it easier to prepare meals because I am able to use ingredients that I have on hand, and my grocery trips are a lot less stressful.  I basically buy fresh produce (organic when the price is right or it is the dirty dozen) and grass fed or no preservatives, no hormones, and less processed meat.

Here's a few of my favorite go-to meals.  You will also see that the oven and marinating is my best friend.  It allows me to prepare foods while the kiddos are napping and does not require my constant supervision as something on the stove top might.  Less burnt food is always a good thing, right?

I have tons of pork recipes!

Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Brown Sugar:


Balsamic Roasted Pork Tenderloin:

Pork Chops with Tangy Honey Sauce:

Pork Loin with Apples & Sauerkraut:


And some fabulous chicken recipes...

Happy Roast Dijon Whole Chicken:



Whole Chicken Recipe with Cinnamon, Nutmeg, & Allspice:

Balsamic Glazed Drummies:

(You will also see that I buy chicken drummies/thighs or whole chickens...these are less expensive and more tasty in my opinion than plain ole chicken breasts.)

Classic Beef Pot Roast:

(I have found that I like my dutch oven better than my crock pot.  It takes less hours, and the meat seems to be more tender.  Win/win in my book!)

Turkey Meatballs with Broccoli-Carrot Mash:

These are just a few of my favorites...and I have many more pork recipes so be sure to check me out on Pinterest!

Happy eating my friends!

Natalie

12 comments:

  1. I love one pot wonders and I love my oven. :)
    It's unfortunate I don't eat pork, but I do love beef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try some of these! Especially the pork chop recipes. I'm always lacking in creativity for those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Those are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I also prefer my dutch oven over the crockpot. I feel like the meat in the crockpot is kind of bland for some reason so I'm giving up on crockpot meals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im bad about relying on the crockpot. Love to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look yummy! Marinating just makes life a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes things that don't take a lot of work during the divorce zone hours are a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pork tenderloin recipes.... I do one that uses the brown sugar too. the kids love it.

    this is so timely...I've been scouring Pinterest for some new recipes lately too. It's hard to find something that all 3 kids will like.
    Not sure why they think they are at a restaurant though..???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to remember these. My hubby and were just discussing tonight that we want to try to follow the paleo diet for at least a month and see how we feel. It is going to be interesting since I am not a huge meat fan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm a new reader! I love the cinnamon/nutmeg chicken already but can't wait to try some of these new chicken recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering if you guys were still following this. Those look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all sound and look yummy! Thanks for sharing! I am always looking for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips