Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Operation Re-Cover Pillows

Some of you that follow me on Instagram may have already seen what I have been up in my new I'm-learning-to-sew-total-newbie adventure.  For Christmas, I asked for an aqua blue chevron print to re-cover my pillows that came with my couch and big chair.  I never liked the stock pillows, but I did like the size and the fact that the back of them matched the couch.  So I received the fabric from my mother-in-law, and I finally happy to say that I have completed one pillow...just three more to go!

Here's the result next to the old pillow (you might have noticed it in the background of Conley's photos):


The fabric is 100% cotton, so I'm in the market for some time of stain resistant spray.  Anyone have any kid-friendly suggestions?  Happy Tuesday!

Natalie

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love how the pillow turned out and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so cute! I wish I had some suggestions for the spray, but I got nothing. If you find anything that works, let a sista know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I need to do that soon. Use Bio-Kleen for the stain removal--it's concentrated so I mix it with half water. It works great on D's clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful. i envy you, i've always wanted to learn how to sew. good job, natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! Great job recovering it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice work! i really want to recover the pillows that came with our couch too. new follower! :)
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look great! I've been in a total newbie stage of sewing for like three years. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips