Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Rant, A Rave, and Other Stuff

Howdy folks!  It's almost Wednesday and this gal can't be more excited the week is almost over.

I've got some random tidbits to share with you today:

Rant--I'm so OVER trying to schedule pediatric visits for the boys.  I love my pediatrician and the practice, but GEEZ it is like an act of congress to schedule an appointment.  Normally, you would think you could schedule your next appointment when you are leaving the office.  Nope...not in this place.  Because my doctor's "specific" scheduler is not there.  So I have to call back...and when I call back she's not there...and then they have to call me back. Ridiculous!

The scheduler called me back yesterday and said she had one time they could fit me in for Conley's six month appointment.  I'm like that day and time does not work for me...I either need Tuesday/Thursday morning or anytime on Friday.  I do not think this is unreasonable, do you?  So I tell the lady it's perfectly fine for her to push out the appointment for a few weeks because he had his four month appointment a few weeks late. She said well the doctor is booked until April. I mean really people?  First they make it impossible to schedule the appointment in advance by not allowing you to do it when you're at the office---then when you do try to schedule you only get one shot for a time slot.

I stood my ground and said that time didn't work, so now she's talking to the doctor and getting back to me. She didn't call back yet, so we'll see where this goes.  Honestly, I wouldn't even care to see another doctor because I like them all.  Ok rant over now to the rave!

Rave--Nolan is such a little chatter box lately.  He's saying everything he hears and starting even more complicated sentences.  It's so cute, and I just love hearing his new phrases and his new thoughts.  He constantly says that he is funny and silly.  It's amazing how kids can have a sense of humor and comedic timing at such a young age.  He also loves seeing our happy, mad, and sad faces.  The sweetest phrase is when he says, "I love you Momma, I love you Daddy, I love you Conley."  Melts my heart every time.  He also loves running around the house in just a diaper when I'm trying to change him and screaming, "Naked! Naked!" or "Nolan is super fast!" Lately his newest saying is, "Grandma is sick, feel better Grandma."  Such a sweet boy!  Oh and I am pretty sure he had his first tattle today. When I picked him up from MDO, he said, "Natalie made a big mess." And yes he has a little girl in class named Natalie.  I wish I could think of all the funny things he says, but alas my mom brain has kicked into gear.

I'm thinking of trying to start teaching him to read.  He knows all his ABC's, can count to about 15, all his colors/shapes/animals/objects etc.  I noticed that he's starting to recognize words.  I don't want him to get bored, and since he's such a sponge I want to keep challenging him.  Any thoughts or tips on this?  I've read different opinions on the matter but not sure what to do.

I'm debating on going to Bloggy Bootcamp in Charlotte, NC.  Trying to figure out if it works out...lots of details to iron out. How about you, are you going?

Natalie

17 comments:

  1. Appointments and scheduling - gets right up my goat! I hope you get the appointment you want!

    And yay, Nolan! You should check out Pinterest and search kid's reading activities, you'll get lots of good links to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh-oh...that reminds me. I need to schedule all the kids appointments. from last year. #fail

    If he is a little sponge and enjoys the learning, I say let him explore. Just follow his lead - he'll naturally gravitate towards what he likes and it's always easier to teach them if they are interested in the first place. Then, just be relaxed about it. I was so old school: flash cards. some things just work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doctor's office would make me insane. We left our 1st pediatric practice b/c they were just too busy. I needed someplace small and glad I was able to find somewhere where I can pretty much get in whenever I want!

    Isn't the toddler word explosion incredible?? I love hearing them talk and wondering where they learned this or that. I'm doing a little homeschooling thing with D. Very, very informal, but it's fun. I'd be happy to send you the link if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scheduling is such a pain in the butt. I have the same problems as well.

    Keira has been the same way. Just exploding with new words & sentences. It's amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how fun? Of course, I mean the antics of your little boy, Nolan. He's just the cutest..."Nolan is super fast!" I don't know how you you're able to resist belly laughing with that one! Good luck with teaching him to read!

    Your doctor's office is another story...I hope they call you back with an appointment that fits your schedule; it sounds like they need to add another doctor to the practice in a major way; otherwise, they need to stop accepting new patients. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots going on in your world!
    Awesome Nolan is doing so well w/ learning. Sight words sound like the next step...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man. Your pediatrician's scheduling sounds so annoying! Hopefully things work out.
    I think that's great that Nolan is starting to recognize words, knows his letters and numbers up to 15! Aubrey can count to 10 and can sing ABC's, but we're working on letter recognition. It's so much fun watching her learn and want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are interviewing pediatricians this week. *writes note to self* "Will they set appointments while there"..

    Any other good suggestions on questions to ask the pediatricians??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nolan is so cute! It is so cute when their vocabulary totally explodes! I love that he says I love you Conley! And such a smart boy!!! Hope you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doctor's offices are SO annoying!!!

    What a smarty pants Mr. Nolan!!! It's so crazy how quickly they learn:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that doctor deal sounds like one giant headache! ugh!

    as for mr. chatterbox, it's it fantastic! It's so great to watch them put their thoughts together. Growing up so fast. It's hard to take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. My. Goodness. YES! Teach him!!! My son is 27 months old and, since he knows all the sounds the letters make, we try to help him phonetically sound out the words to read and it works! They really are sponges - congrats to you for having such a bright boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, I know the doctor's scheduling is an issue for us as well. It's very frustrating! But hooray for Nolan talking so much!! I love it when they first start using complete sentences...it's so darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the concept of this post! I get super frustrated trying to schedule appointments sometimes. I'm sorry that it's been so difficult :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a smart little cookie he is!! Do you have one of those Leap Pad reading things?? Maybe something like that to start him of :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate when doctor's offices are like that!! If you are scheduling that many months out you should be able to get the time you want.

    Nolan is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. THat scheduling business sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips