*Learns to roll over
*Learns to eat solid foods
*Learns to crawl
*Learns to cruise
*Learns to walk
*Learns to talk
And many, many more firsts. But even though they are developing so fast in a short period of time...I still feel like you can call them a baby. They still have babyish tendencies and still depend on you for almost everything.
But when the baby becomes a toddler, well I feel like the baby is lost. Even though their might be less "firsts" during the time period from one to two, I find this "toddler jump" to be the more bittersweet stage for me.
Because somewhere in the past year my little baby has become an official "boy." I look at photos from his one year photo session, and I still can see hints of my baby. But now? I see this tall and independent boy growing and growing. Vocabulary expanding every day....a boy that is still observant but becoming more and more adventurous.
I love watching him grow....but I still miss my baby.
Nolan at almost age two on the left, and at age one on the right.

Yes. So yes.
ReplyDeleteAnd they seem even bigger as soon as you bring a baby home.
Cameron's sick and so last night I pulled him out of bed to watch some midnight tv with me. I thought sitting him up and snuggling would do him some good. As he sat beside me on the recliner, I realized I wasn't really looking down at him. I realized his profile could just as well be a 12 year old's as a 2 year old's. This little boy just looked so SO big.
It is hard to see them so big when you remember them so little.
Don't even get me started on this. I cry when I see photos of Monkey when he was a baby. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so right there with you on this one! It's soooo bittersweet, bc you LOVE all of the new things they are learning, the new communication, and adventures, but our "Baby" is gone :( Ugh, makes me sad.
ReplyDeleteWait until he makes me the jump for 2 - 3. I'm going through a denial phase at the moment.
ReplyDeleteWow what a difference! Everytime I glance at Meyer's 1 year picture hanging on the wall, I just can't believe how much he has changed. Our boys are getting so big:(
ReplyDeleteExactly!! So true. It really is amazing to see how fast they become 'big kids'.
ReplyDeletexo
Oh gosh, I look back at their pictures and cry. It's fun to see them grow up and become their own person, but it breaks my heart at how fast it happens.
ReplyDeleteIm liking your new layout! And yes they grow up fast...I'm dreading my little man getting older but I understand this is what happens so in the meantime I'm enjoying it all:-)
ReplyDeleteaww time flies!! I never really realized how fast it did until I had my little guy.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing how differently they look in 1 year!
ReplyDeleteYes- and having a new baby definitely makes the older one seem that much older too. But yea- it really does just seem like one day they make that jump.
ReplyDeleteWow! He really has changed so much. I need to do a year comparison with W too. I am just loving every new stage/phase and bit of growing. Sometimes I miss those baby stages but I just feel like each day brings something new and interesting. (I might have to exclude tantrums on this one!!!)
ReplyDeleteAw, this made me tear up. I know what you mean. I SO miss my 5yo boy as a baby. I had another bittersweet moment when I realised I couldn't carry him anymore..sobs.
ReplyDeleteHe is a little boy now! It's crazy! I still remember how little he was over a year ago! He's grown so much!
ReplyDelete