Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Balloons, Trucks, & Hard Hats Oh My!

Just a quick post about Nolan's party---it was a huge hit!  The kiddos had so much at the Little Gym.

The boy has been saying, "birthday cake" for the past week, but when it came to actually eating it...well he didn't have one bite!







Nolan not wanting a bite of his cake...

I love this photo Nolan...I think it captures his personality perfectly.






I'm so happy I decided to have to not have the party at the house...because really it's impossible to keep clean with these boys and would have really stressed me out.  At the Little Gym, they help set everything up and clean up afterwards.  I really wanted to keep the party simple this year because I knew with having a toddler and a newborn that it would be hard for me.  

-I ordered the banner from this Etsy shop, and I absolutely love it!  It's very well made, and the card stock is even laminated.  I also ordered favor tags from her as well.

-The shirts were also a purchase from an Etsy shop.  I'm absolutely in love with Lee Lynn Crafts' shirts!  She does a great job...such great designs and quality!

-I ordered the straws for the chocolate marshmallows *which were a huge hit,* the wall hangings, the truck and Happy 2nd Birthday Balloons, and the hard hats from BirthdayDirect.com.  They shipped fast and have good prices!  

-I ordered the cake from Publix.  I had heard everyone rave about their cakes, and I must say it was delicious and looked great!  Much easier than me trying to figure out how to make a truck cake!

-I made Lauren's fabulous fruit dip again this year, and it was just as tasty as last time.  I served chocolate pretzel rods in metal travel mugs, cheese and plain pretzels in trucks, and the party favors in metal pails.  The favors were a toy truck, a little shaker, and truck stickers.

I can't believe my little guy will be two next Saturday!  Where has the time gone?  I'm going to try to make him a cookie cake on his actual birthday to see if he'll actually eat that.  Any good recipes?

I will post some more photos once I receive the ones from my sister-in-law.  She's much better behind the camera than I am!

23 comments:

  1. aww looks like he LOVED his party! We have always done a party at our house but I think we will do it somewhere else next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much cute! I love the one of him in the hard hat and the goggles! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable party! I really need to start planning what we're going to do for Jellybean's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a fun party! It sounds like a good idea to do it where someone else has to clean up and set up :) All of the decorations and food looked really good! Nolan looks so cute in all of the pictures - I love his big grin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Well done, Momma! I can't even believe I'm looking at "Nolan"... His look just keep changing! Such a big boy!
    And Conley is absolutely precious!! I hope you all are recovering well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looked fabulous, and can you believe I first read your blog when he wasn't even 1 yet?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super adorable! Great job momma:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Natalie, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love all of them, and that cake and those decorations and hard hats, what a fantastic idea for a two year old boys party!!! I do remember you planning his first party, gosh how time flies...It all looks wonderful, you all did a great job!!! Beautiful family pics, Nolan looks like his daddy and Conley just like you xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute birthday party---my little one would be in heaven with all that decor;)

    -Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you guys had the cutest party. That cake looks awesome and I pretty much died of cute when I saw each kid got a hard hat! Looks like Nolan had an awesome party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute!!! Looks like a ton of fun!! I love that picture of Nolan in the hard hat, looking up. PRECIOUS!!
    Love the shirts on your boys! Oh and great family shot, y'all are such a great looking bunch!!
    Happy birthday to your big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like the party was a great success. happy birthday to Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natalie - WOW! This was an incredible party! I love all the details you added to make it special! No wonder he loved this! I really love the picture of him sitting at the table in his hardhat. What a sweetheart.

    I love your family picture in your left sidebar, too. Seriously, could you guys be any more attractive?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea!! Glad it was such a great party. That cake really is so cute- they did a great job. And yes- I am a fan of not having the parties at the house if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like he had a great time by the smile on his face! Love that family photo of you guys too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. The party looks great Natalie! I bet all of the kids had a blast and you did a great job picking out all of the decorations. I love that he wears his hard hat and glasses! Oh, and I love your hair length too by the way! Looking great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, the next birthday party we have will DEFINITELY be OUT of our house! Too much to clean up before and after! And I LOVE me some Publix cake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, you did a great job!! I love that theme for a little boy. And the hard hats? Adorable!!
    P.S. You look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omgosh, it's all so adorable!! Glad that it was a great time! And SO glad you didn't have to clean up :) Can't believe our babies are 2!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love their construction hat too cute! and how much he was saying birthday cake and didn't even eat one bite

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks like such a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should be a party planner for toddlers! You always do such a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips