Friday, July 29, 2011

Life's Lessons: A Little Bit of This and That Editon

Life With Baby Donut
Wow...is it already Friday? YAY for the weekend! Here's what I learned this week:

1) I seriously need to get my haircut more often. I'm actually doing something with it besides putting it in a ponytail...and you'll never believe this, I'm actually blow drying it!

2) I am still amazed with the whole birthing process. My friend Beth had her little boy in the wee hours of the morning earlier this week.  I'm so happy she had a healthy baby boy and that she gets to take him home today. I just love hearing birth stories and seeing those cute little cuddle bears.

3) I am amazed that I've written over 100 posts! I never knew how much I would enjoy blogging or the blogging community.

4) It's still really REALLY hot outside. Stay indoors or you might melt.

5) I actually can still work out even if I am given the chance to weasel out of it. I went to Stroller Strides, and I was the only one in attendance. The instructor asked if I still wanted to work out or just stroll. I thought hmmm it would be nice just to hit up Starbucks, but I stuck to my guns and actually did my workout!

6) However I did have to reward myself with a Starbucks coffee frappuchino afterwards. I mean just one won't hurt, right?

7) I had forgotten how good sushi was! My husband suggested we go to dinner at a sushi place for date night. I then realized that it had been over a year since I had it! I guess after being pregnant I forgot that it was time to bring sushi back as one of my menu choices.

8) Did you know that Borders is going out of business? Well it is, and they are having a "Going Out of Business Sale" except it's only 20-30% off. LAME. I'm going to wait this out and see if they go lower on their sale.

Well there you have it...the lessons of the week. Go link up with Sara and Rach and share yours!

29 comments:

  1. Great lessons, Natalie! It's finally Friday! (Remember when I thought Tuesday was Thursday? That feels so long ago)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you to have worked out! You totally deserved that frap ;)

    Have a great Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye on the Borders sale too. I keep hoping they will go at least 50% off and I am kind of surprised they haven't yet. Nothing like a good cheap book though. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I love that you wanted to skip out on exercising and go to Starbucks. That's totally something I always think! Way to go for sticking it out! And yes I heard Border's was closing, but didn't know they were offering such a pathetic discount! Definitely waiting until the very end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for working it out when you could have skipped!!!! And yes, a frap is a totally acceptable post-workout reward!!!

    BOO on the lame Borders sale...they should def be giving out better deals than that!!

    Happy Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have forgotten how good sushi is...this is the 3rd time I've been been pregnant in 3 years. I am waiting for the day... :)

    Great lessons learned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A workout feels great, particularly one that you could have easily skipped out on. Well done.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. 100 posts? Congratulations! Sushi sounds like an EXCELLENT reward to me. :) Keep up the great work... I love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree about the hair thing. I've got mine a bit shorter, but unfortunately, it's so dang hot that it ends up in a ponytail by the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lessons you learned! I love sushi too. I think it's great your doing to Stroller Strides program. Wish I would have been more active when I had my wee ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darn, now you have me craving Sushi. My husband doesn't eat it so I have to hunt down a friend to go with me. Lol.

    Good for you for working out!

    Happy Friday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you on working out. We have a jogging stroller, but do I jog??? I missed sushi too. And wine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you think I can join Stroller Strides without a baby? I'll totally get a stroller- I kind of want one anyway to make shopping easier. But S.S. looks fun. That Borders sale is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome lessons! I need to get a haircut more often too. Congrats on all your posts! Blogging is definitely a great community.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You need more sleep. And, I'll send some durian over.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to laugh at hitting up Starbucks or working out hehe you're more disciplined than me! Borders has closed down over here, alot of bookstores have in fact. Sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would be blow drying my hair too but the hubby killed my blow dryer when he clogged it up with paint so I'm instead rocking the messy bun and ponytail still!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish getting my hair cut had the same effect on me. I never blow dry it...or fix it for that matter! Post a picture!

    Good for you on the workout! I wish I had the discipline, especially in this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh, I'm dying to cut my hair right now!! Like dying!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally understand the hair thing-- I swore I would never have a "mommy 'do" and I totally do now! :) Ha! But I was just tired of resorting to the ponytail too... LOVE reading all of your life lessons! I hope you guys have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. We had sushi tonight, actually!

    I never understand when businesses are going bankrupt yet they barely discount their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You worked out so you totally earned that Starbucks!

    And I really wish Borders would increase their discount. Fingers crossed, right?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not a sushi girl. Actually I don't like seafood in general. But I do love a haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE sushi! Love it, love it, love it! I can eat way too much of it at one sitting too.
    And I just heard on the radio the other day that Boarder's prices on many books are actually higher now since they've gone out of business. Crazy, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved your lessons! We had sushi just yesterday, but it was from Wal-mart. My kids still gobbled it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love birth stories too. There's that moment, when a mom meets her baby, and it's so fleeting that you just want to capture it over and over!

    And thanks to you, we're totally having sushi today!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your list. We went to Borders last week and your right, sooo lame. Hope your weather cools soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on 100 posts!! About Borders? That is so annoying that it is only 20-30% off. I want it 99% off, people!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yeah, Borders need to drop their prices more than that!

    AND LOVE birth stories. LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips