Since we've all been dealing with record heat lately, I thought it would be a great time to talk about my favorite time of year---FALL! I know we are know where near the fall season, but I can't help but long for a break from this ridiculous heat. Here's a few reasons why I love fall:
1) There is nothing better than walking outside and feeling the cool, crisp air of a fall day. I can't help but smile when I breathe in the fresh air.
2) I love the changing colors of all the leaves. All the reds, orange, and yellow make for such a beautiful sight!
3) I love the feeling of putting on the first cozy sweater---you know the weather where you don't need a coat yet and a sweater keeps you all warm while you enjoy the cool air on your face.
4) My wedding anniversary is in the fall. Of course I would plan a wedding during my favorite season! I also incorporated all the lovely colors of fall in my wedding theme.
5) My birthday is in the fall. Yes this will probably mean less and less when I get older, but as for now it still makes the list.
6) I've already posted on my love for all things back to school. The anticipation of starting a new school year---with a clean slate. I was always so excited to see my friends and to new beginnings.
7) Who doesn't love a good football game? Nothing is better than attending a football game on a perfect fall evening.
8) Of course you can't forget about Thanksgiving. All the wonderful food and time with family and friends. Just gives you a warm and cozy feeling!
9) Speaking of food...fall makes me think of enjoying a warm cup of soup or a hot cup of cider!
10) And my newest love for fall---my little boy's birthday!
What is your favorite season?

Your #1,2,and 3's are my exact reasons for loving fall, and part of the reason I miss the Midwest so much. I can't wait to go back!
ReplyDeleteI also love fall so much. Our anniversary and my birthday is also in fall, and I LOVE FOOTBALL! YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteAs you know...fall is my favorite...for all of the reasons you pointed out..plus - I LOVE everything pumpkin:) Thank you for this post - I really needed a little pick-me-up after all of this crazy hot weather!!
ReplyDeleteFall is my favorite season too. I love the cool weather, but we don't get the color changes. We're more ever greens in New Orleans.
ReplyDeleteI'm partial to Fall as well, because October is my birthday month - woot!
I love fall because of the changes in the color and the cooler weather but my favorite season really is summer. I love the sun and the pool.
ReplyDeleteFall is my favorite season, too! Actually fall and spring - both are such a welcome after the winter or summer. I love watching the leaves change in the fall!
ReplyDeleteNatalie, this is making me crave fall. I know exactly what you mean about the smell of fall and the sweater.... mmm I can feel it now. Happy Tuesday! (Wow, I almost just wrote Thursday, damn I'm too many days ahead.)
ReplyDeleteI love fall too. Even though I know spring is the season of "newness" I always felt like it was fall for me--maybe because it was always the start of a fresh school year. But I just relish fall.
ReplyDeleteI love a cup of hot cider!
ReplyDeleteNot many changing leaves here. He have to drive west or north to see that.
I love the scent of fall. Now that I no longer have a traditional fall I really miss the colors and the smells of fall.
ReplyDeleteYou sure DO have many reasons to love fall. I wished there was fall in Malaysia. I've never experienced it in my life. I think I'll like the changing colour and the cool crisp air too. I can almost feel fall from reading this.
ReplyDeleteI think we're really long lost sisters. I love the hot weather, but fall is my FAVORITE!!! And all though things you described sound like Heaven right now.... I mean except the birthdays. They're great for Y'all, but I'll keep my fireworks :-)
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, I am a total fall girl, too! I just do not understand how people love the summer. Well, actually I do, they don't live down south! Haha!
ReplyDeleteI love the first cozy sweater & crunchy leaves, too! I really do like all seasons but I'd say fall is close to being my favorite. I just love the leaves and breezes!
ReplyDeleteI am definitely a summer girl, but I will admit that I do love the cooler temps in the fall. It definitely makes it easier for a nice cool walk outside!
ReplyDeleteNow you've got me longing for the fall! I really could use a break from this heat...and for my kids to go back to school!
ReplyDeleteI miss living in four seasons. When I did, Fall was one of my favorite times of year (I confess, I'm more of a Spring girl). Not far now, for you!!
ReplyDeleteFall is my favorite too! I dream of it right now. I wish that cooler weather would roll in right about now.
ReplyDeleteI am loving this post! I have been dying for an autumn change... It's all I can think about! :) Have a great week, and I hope Mr. Nolan is doing well!
ReplyDeleteI have grown a new appreciation for fall, and now I look foward to it more than ever! Don't worry, it will be here before we know it!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO with you! I think fall was specifically designed for gals like us who loved back to school shopping... ;)
ReplyDeleteFall is my favorite season too. I love the coolish weather and leaves! Also, I'm a big Halloween fan...until I overdose Halloween candy. Then, I'm good for another year. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso...my baby's birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteI love fall, too, but it's a little different here in Florida. We don't have as many changing leaves (at least not until later in the fall) and the weather actually is HOTTER. I remember a few years ago in October we had an outdoor event and it was 90 degrees. But I still love the warm, fall colors.
Fall is my favorite season too, mainly because I love Halloween but I also love the changing colors and the crisp scent of the fall air!!!
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait for the fall!!!!