Friday, July 22, 2011

Life's Lessons: Hotter than Heck Edition

1) It is way too blazing hot to go outside.  I literally get sweaty getting in my car and that's not counting when I'm getting little one in and out of the vehicle.  Pretty much unbearable unless you have an A/C strapped to your body.

2) Which means I spend a lot of time in my house.  Now I'm bored with my house.  Can I have a bigger one?

3) The dogs even don't want to go outside.  They're not stupid.

4) I think I'm going to attach a swiffer wipe to my son.  He's dragging himself across the floor...may as well make him useful, right?

5) I mean he brings it to my attention that my floors are dusty or dirty no matter what I do.  I hate dust...a losing battle EVERY TIME.

6) Reading on a Kindle is way faster than a regular book.  In fact, I have a book that I am reading, and I'm annoyed that I have to turn pages.  Am I that lazy?  Let's be honest it's just easier to click a button while pumping than it is to switch hands.

7) I want to be on a beach.  Or by a pool.  Yet I have neither {sigh}

8) I joined Twitter...it's just as addicting as I thought it would be.  It's like AIM on steroids.

9) Hey if you're on twitter make sure to follow so I don't feel lonely.  Or at least make me feel like I have friends.

10) My son is so much more fun when his teeth or digestive system isn't bothering him.  I love this baby! 

Now head on over and link up and spill the beans on what you learned this week!

25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am STILL laughing!! What a great post! And I totally feel your pain with the heat... I'm ready for cooler weather ASAP! :) I hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3!!! Hilarious!!

    And again, welcome to Twitter! Yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! This post makes me laugh. I'm on Twitter too, though, I haven't been on in a while now that I am adjusting to mamahood. You can follow me too, @lifecoachpaige.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great post! I'm on twitter but so inconsistent with it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude. HOT.

    I'll be linking up with this next week. :) Today I had a very important post about poop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #4 is SO true! I think I'm going to actually steal your idea next time Giada decided to run around my floor.

    And yay for twitter! You shall be followed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs are no dummies. Mine won't go outside if it's too hot or if it's raining.

    Twitter is addicting but it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heat, Humidity, Swelter... m e l t.... Yep, I get that. :)

    I love reading on the iPad. I feel the same way that you do, turn the page? What? That's like.... not finding the TV remote and having to find the buttons on the TV to change the channels!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of a swiffer on the butt! Awesome!

    Reading on the Kindle is awesome...except my library doesn't let me check out free books on it. (gotta fix that)

    Welcome to Twitter! I am awful at it (do not find it addicting AT ALL), but you can follow me at @Tex_Heather if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the other day my baby was teething and he was a MONSTER. I agree -- so much more fun when they aren't having "issues"!

    You know what you need? A baby pool.

    Following you on Twitter now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, it is way too hot. I don't go out much either. I like the swiffer idea. Let me know how that works out for you, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep reminding myself that I was begging for this weather a few months ago... but it doesn't always help :( And so funny about the dogs! Mine does the same thing, he's out for ONE MINUTE to do his business, then begging to head back in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was going to attach the swiffer to the dog but the baby may be an even better idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I giggled all through this post, Natalie! Definitely put him to work with cleaning ;) It's so darn hot out, but I've gots to get home somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY for you being on Twitter!!

    It is the worst when you are in the car going on 30 minutes and it STILL isn't cold!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! Beware the Twitter obsession! What took you so long anyway! #3 made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, a baby swiffer! My 1-year-old still likes to roll on the floor so I may try that.

    And I think I need to get a Kindle. I'm just lazy in general. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had me at the title. Girl, it is so insanely hot this week! I don't even want to think about going anywhere or I break out into a sweat!

    And AIM on steroids? Perfect description of twitter! So glad you're there though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh girl....you are so right about the heat. It seriously grosses me out that I am already sweating before I get to work in the mornings just from my walk from the house to the car:( My dogs are boycotting too and by chance I trick them into going outside I get pitiful faces at the door and then I feel bad!! LOVE your idea for the swiffers!!! And...as I've already told you...SO glad you're tweeting:) Hope ya'll are having a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You learned a LOT! Swiffer butt - lol. By the way, ILMK (I love my Kindle) too and I also find it annoying to have to turn pages in DTBs (dead tree books). It's not being lazy... it's being efficient!

    Visiting you and following from the Life's Lessons link up. So happy to discover your blog! Now heading over to Twitter to follow you there...

    ReplyDelete
  21. So.Hot.

    And it seems like it's all over the country! I need to find you on twitter. Come find me too! :)

    BTW--I totally feel you on the teething/digestive issues. That's been our story here too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha, I too had that swiffer thought. I bet it would work pretty well.


    Uhg, it has been SO hot. I wish they made a backpack ac. Thankfully today looks a little better (and by better I mean rainy) so maybe it's on it's way out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This heat really is crazy, isn't it????

    And I love my Kindle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, it has been seriously hot around here! I walked to the train pretty much this whole week (10 minute walk), and by the time I made it there, I was sweating like crazy. Ugh!

    And, I agree on the Kindle. Reading is so much faster. I love it!!

    Following you on twitter! It is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's crazy hot. I wish I had a pool. Or a beach. Or a pool overlooking the beach. When your son gets done Swiffering your floors, send him my way, OK?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips