Friday, July 8, 2011
Life's Lessons: Holiday Week Edition
YAY it's Friday! That means time for linking up with Sara at Life's Recipe and Rach at Life with Baby Donut for Life's Lessons. This is my first time so hopefully I don't mess it up! Make sure to link up if you've got some lessons you want to share with the rest of the class.
1. Apparently I am the snake whisperer. Not only did I see the copperhead at the cabin, I saw another snake on way up to mountain on our hike, and to top it off yesterday there was one IN MY YARD. Really? Now I worry about going into my yard near my garden box with just my flip flops.
2. My child has to poop EVERYDAY. If he does not, you will have a Mr. Crankypants on your hands...and boy did I. On the last few days of the trip, he was not doing his business and so he hated life. He didn't want to be in the car seat, in a high chair, on the floor, or to be held. Then on day 2 from being home from our trip he pooped 3 times...and they were gross and massive. However he is back to his happy self so I'll deal with cleaning up the mess just so I can have my normal baby back.
3. My child also loves Puffs. Thank goodness for that invention because I can sit him in the high chair and let him go to town while I fix his meal, wash dishes, wash clothes, or finish getting ready for us to get out of the house. I need to buy stock in these companies.
4. I think my child is back to being a newborn. He gets sleepy after being up for just an hour. I guess he's a little growing machine right now. I hope when we have his 9 month appointment he's grown some to validate this sleepiness.
5. If you live in any area that had roof damage, you should know that the roofing companies are going to gouge you for a new roof because they know your insurance company is paying for it. Guess what it's still my money...yeah that's right I pay premiums EVERY YEAR. We had a new roof put on last year and now magically the cost of our new roof this year because of hail damage is literally $3k-$4k more. Now class, this addition does not add up. They keep saying the cost of shingles has increased, yet if you check prices it's like a few dollars. CONSPIRACY!
Well there you have it, my first attempt of Life's Lessons. Hope you enjoyed it and now your turn to go link up!
Labels:
Life's Lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sadly, my little guy won't eat puffs much any more. I think I have ruined him forever with fruity cheerios.
ReplyDeleteI guess it's good to be in the roofing business. Ya, that doesn't seem quite right.
I heart you, Natalie! I wish we could hang out, and I wish I could come play with Nolan (when he's not cranky or sleepy). Happy Friday!
ReplyDeletePoor Nolan!! I don't have a baby, I never realized how much my life would be ruled by what comes out of my puppy's little bottom!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what I would do without Puffs and Mum-Mums! They are lifesavers! :) Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm so looking forward to the day Giada starts eating finger foods! I just want to put food in front of her to keep her busy and be able to take a shower without her screaming.
ReplyDeleteAnd poor baby! I'm so glad that he was able to go to the bathroom the second day at least. It's no fun when they are in pain. It makes everyone's life miserable.
roofers = jerks!
ReplyDeletei remember when my little guy had poop issues. boy do they get cranky! that kid is smooth sailing now though. methinks it's a phase, a massive, gross, stinky phase.
Flip flops?? I'd be out there in the garden wearing one of those hazmat suits teamed with boots and helmet and still freaking out!! You're braver than me :)
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing like a conversation about poop that will bring attention. LOL
ReplyDeleteOk, keep your snakes to yourself! hehehe.
The same thing happened with all construction companies after Katrina. It was disgusting what the companies were charging and how the insurance companies fought against it and against paying the customer who has paid the premiums all those years!
I think my child is growing too!! But instead of being sleepy, she wants to nurse all the time.
ReplyDeleteHaha, glad the pooping is back on schedule :)
Brody sticks his nose up at Puffs anymore - but he loves those Gerber wheels and the cheeto looking things! Ha!
ReplyDeleteThank you for participating in the challenge!
Snakes! Eeek! I'd be freaking out!
ReplyDeletePoor little Nolan and his pooping issues! Maybe he was tense being away from home, lol!
I'm so glad you linked up!!
My oldest gets VERY cranky when she can't poop! Makes life miserable for everyone! Oh, and I finally figured out how to put my email on the reply thing. Thanks for the tip :)
ReplyDeleteI feel like so many companies take advantage when they know insurance companies are paying. And that is causing all of our premiums to go up on any type of policy. It's terrible!
ReplyDeleteSo funny! Both of my sons have to poop every day. Craziness! :)
ReplyDeleteFound you from Jenna's...love the life lessons!
ReplyDeleteMore snakes....yikes - those things seriously give me the heeby jeebies! And you are SO right about the roof prices...my hubs used to work in that business and that is exactly what they do!! I'm sorry ya'll are having to deal with that:( And too funny about Nolan's habits...Addie isn't regular but we know when shes taking care of business...talk about a red face..haha!!
ReplyDeleteHope ya'll have a great weekend!
Love your first LL list. I agree-a child who doesn't poop is a cranky child. Next time I see a snake, I know who to call (or don't call).
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing, the mood change in a child once they have pooped!!
ReplyDelete(love that we talk about poop all the time hee)
Yes!! I am so excited that you linked up!!! Do you think your snake whispering extends to atomic spiders and crazy neighbors? Because if so.... I might have some business for you :-)
ReplyDeleteHeheh, love #2! So funny what a big deal pooping is to little ones!
ReplyDeleteSo what age did you start the puffs? My son is 7 months old, and I'm thinking I should start him on table food soon? Hmm. And my little man is cranky without his BM, too! Haha! He's going to love that if he ever finds this comment one day.
ReplyDeleteCute blog! I'm from Jenna's, and I'm a new follower. Feel free to come and see us!
Leah
casaconfident.blogspot.com
Ok, I would just die if I saw a snake! I can't even imagine!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I understand about your son being cranky. I remember when my son wouldn't go. He would hold it for days. That was rough!
YAY I am your 100th follower :) haha &I like to steal those puffs from my nieces and nephews... there so tasty!
ReplyDeleteI loved puffs when my kids were little. Kept them busy for awhile.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think I might be reverting back to the newborn stage. I am always tired after I wake up and I like to nap as often as possible during the day.
Seriously, puffs have saved my life more times than I can count. I agree on the roof comment. We had a tree fall on our house once and they could've easily just done the one area (because it was a flat surface area w/ corners so it would've worked) instead, they told our insurance that we needed a whole new roof that took days to fix. Complete conspiracy!
ReplyDeleteWe have had many hail storms this year and many calls from roofers. Thankfully our roof has been fine.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and your son is adorable! I look forward to following along!
ReplyDeleteYikes, I would worry about going outside period! Snakes gross.
ReplyDelete