I feel like so much has changed in the blogging world...or is it me who changed?
When I first started, I had only one child and chronicled his every month and reached out to other moms to find advice. Then I had my second boy and blogged about his growth but probably not as well as the first. (Oh those poor second borns right?)
I linked up, I blog hopped, I reached out to other bloggers to find a community.
And then I found that community. I found blog friends that I have followed for almost these full three years.
I love you guys, and I love being a part of your life. But now as the children grow, I find myself with less and less to write about. Is it because I started KMB? Or is it just the season of my life right now? I also find this same feeling in my life online as well.
I don't consider myself a writer...I'm not trying to publish a book. So the question remains, where will this blog go? I feel like I've seen this a lot in the blog world lately and as I discussed this very topic with a friend and fellow blogger (who has been doing this WAY longer than me).
Maybe it's just the evolution of the blog, or the evolution of me. I don't have the answers, but I hope to continue this little space of mine. As where it will go, only time will tell.
Do you feel the same way? Has blogging changed for you too?
When I first started, I had only one child and chronicled his every month and reached out to other moms to find advice. Then I had my second boy and blogged about his growth but probably not as well as the first. (Oh those poor second borns right?)
I linked up, I blog hopped, I reached out to other bloggers to find a community.
And then I found that community. I found blog friends that I have followed for almost these full three years.
I love you guys, and I love being a part of your life. But now as the children grow, I find myself with less and less to write about. Is it because I started KMB? Or is it just the season of my life right now? I also find this same feeling in my life online as well.
I don't consider myself a writer...I'm not trying to publish a book. So the question remains, where will this blog go? I feel like I've seen this a lot in the blog world lately and as I discussed this very topic with a friend and fellow blogger (who has been doing this WAY longer than me).
Maybe it's just the evolution of the blog, or the evolution of me. I don't have the answers, but I hope to continue this little space of mine. As where it will go, only time will tell.
Do you feel the same way? Has blogging changed for you too?
Natalie
I do feel like blogging has changed. And I've changed. And my family has changed. All of that means changes in what I do, blogwise. Though I still want to continue to blog!
ReplyDeleteYep, totally changed over time. I have been blogging for about 5 years now and my blog has definitely changed as what I write about. I have found as my kids get older the blog becomes more about me and my interests and my outlet and I like it.
ReplyDeleteI've been blogging for about five years and it has definitely changed - but I also have changed with it. I think back to why I started my blog and it has nothing to do with what it is now. I think it is okay to evolve and find your voice.
ReplyDeleteI definitely think blogging has changed. I started blogging while on bedrest to keep family & friends up to date on my pregnancy. Then I found a community of friends who were first time moms (some even of preemies) as well & formed this support system with them. I want to continue to blog to keep record for our family. But I also find that sometimes it is a release for me to get my thoughts down. Some of those thoughts get posted, some don't. As life changes, I find the way I'm writing changes along with it. :)
ReplyDeleteI TOTALLY think it's changed a ton. Just went to a mommy blogger brunch this past weekend and a few of them whipped out their blog business cards! I just continue to write on subjects I did when I started the blog 6 years ago and the primary goal will always remain the same for me; blog for your future children. Chronicle everything as an online journal for Drew and 'Deuce' to read someday!
ReplyDeleteBlogging has changed, and I have changed. I think the bloggers who continue with it for years and years find ways to allow their blog to change with them. I can see how being involved in another big project could sap some of the energy from your blog, I found the same to be true for me when I started writing for other sites. Sometimes a new focus is needed to keep it fresh, and to help it fit into the season of your life. I hope you do continue in this space.
ReplyDeleteBlogging has drastically changed for me! Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to write and other times I have so much to write and not enough time to write it in!!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally in the same boat. I'm just getting blog energy back (after having John--yes almost a year!) but I've also been doing HMB which takes my blogging time although I don't post as often there. I can't imagine running it! I love the community that I have found but find myself not needing and wanting to link up and reach out as much as when I first started. Maybe it just takes too much time that I don't have. I also am starting to think about protecting my children more and considering if their stories should be out there. I do love it as a family scrapbook and won't stop for that reason but I might consider going private.
ReplyDeleteI'm a March girl too. Four years for me this March. And it was only last year that I discovered SITS and other communities, so I consider myself only a year in (or less) to the connected aspect of blogging.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I have photography to display and I am trying to write several books, so I guess I'm always looking ahead and hoping I get there.
I get this Natalie! I am newer to blogging - 2 years the end of this month - but I feel that my blog has had an evolution and it continues to evolve. I love that we get to make the rules though. We can take time off or run hard with it. We can visit all of the blogs we want to or not. We get to own what we do here. That's priceless.
ReplyDeleteI've been blogging since 2009 - with a year break in there after baby #3, and like all the seasons of my life, my blog has also has its' seasons. I've always wrote - in journals, short stories, poems, so that part is second nature to me. I've always wanted to write a book, and hopefully that season will also come to pass.
ReplyDeleteMostly, I just approach blogging with an easy nature: it is supposed to be a fun hobby. Yes, a great connection to a great community. But there should never be any pressure to publish something. I don't worry about the number of comments, or the number of page views. Becoming concerned with such things is when I suspect bloggers lose their sense of self. Nor do I try to be active on all the social media all the time. I use it when I want to. I've seen many bloggers burn out in the time I have been blogging. Life should always take precedence.
Now my interests have expanded to photography. Perhaps I just like to keep learning new things.
maybe then I won't feel like such an old dog. :)
My blog has changed directions several times. I really like where it is right now.
ReplyDeleteI actually just went through this! I really felt that I had outgrown mine.I launched my new blog yesterday at www.simplytiki.com and I am honestly so very happy that I did! Starting fresh has gave me a new feeling that I love! I can't wait to seehow this blog grows with me since now I feel like it is more than just a mom blog. Obviously it is that too, but I feel like I have room to expand with this now.
ReplyDeleteMy blog will be 3 in March too! Yes, I do think blogging and social media have changed, and will continue to. Whatever happens though, I think goes back to why we started, and why we want to carry on, regardless of the changes. I have loved watching you and your blog (and boys) grow!
ReplyDeleteSince making the switch to being at home, blogging has definitely changed for me.I just don't have the time I used to have and at times I feel like I struggle to find things to write about. Mostly, I think that's because I'm exhausted. Being at home, wipes me out! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI think as long as you keep adapting your blog to fit with your life, and not the other way around, you'll be just fine. :o) I think if I had another venture going on like you do with KMB, I probably wouldn't spend a lot of time on my personal blog either.
ReplyDeleteI've been blogging for almost three years, too. When I look back at my first few months of posts, most of the people who were commenting back then no longer blog now. The reasons why those people blogged then may not be enough to keep them coming back to blog now. And that's totally okay. I honestly don't see blogging as a lifetime thing for myself either. But it works for now! :o)
I've only been blogging about a year and a half so I still feel like it is new to me. I think we all go through seasons of change. There are weeks I struggle to find something to write about it and others where I feel like I have too much to say. Whatever you decide to do with this blog, I am glad to have met you!
ReplyDeleteI have been blogging for almost 2 years - but I still feel new in many ways. There always seems to be so much to learn. I think because blogs are so personal, it is inevitable that they will change as we do.
ReplyDeleteI started in 2008 and it and it has changed!! There used to be tons of memes and fun activities to link up to. Not that it's still not available..but the fun ones seem to be. Like take a picture of your junk drawer..which was really funny to see.
ReplyDeleteI definitely find it harder to blog with 2 kids...whenever I have the times seems to be the motto. but, way to go on what you have accomplished!
This is a timely post for me. It has changed! Mostly because I've changed. I still love blogging and connecting, but my life is different. I'm back at school and that is eating up a lot of time, and the time I do have? I spend with my girls and not the computer :) I've manged to update once a week, but even that is hard!
ReplyDelete