Thursday, March 14, 2013

Yesterday Was One of Those Days...

Yesterday was one if those days...you know the ones where you are better off staying in bed with the covers over your head?

I should have known when the day began with a huge poopy diaper from the baby, and a wet bed from the toddler that I should have ran for the hills. Oh how I loathe changing a crib mattress sheet!

It was a relatively quiet morning...Conley went down for his nap with no problems.  Oh did I mention Nolan has a cold and his nose is running like a faucet?  He still is trying to run around which causes him to cough---which causes him to throw up so I'm trying to keep him on the couch with a little bribery AKA Mickey Mouse.  The child requested to watch, "The Quest for the Crystal Mickey" like 6 times in a row.  Thank goodness for my DVR!

The day stay started to unravel when Conley refused to take his afternoon nap and was not happy doing anything.  Either it is teething or he's starting to fight the sickies...whatever it was made him not a happy camper.

I put him in the swing which he protests the whole time and get dinner started.  Then Nolan wakes up, and Conley starts crying louder.  This causes me to forget to put the basil on the ham and tomato pie...which I don't realize until 10 minutes AFTER it's been in the oven.

I try to aspirate the snot out of Nolan's nose which causes a meltdown because he hates it.  I can't blame him...but geez would be nice if toddlers would learn how to blow their own nose so you didn't have to chase and tie them down to use the aspirator.

I have already tried to feed Conley but he will not have it...and still crying.  I figure maybe he'll take the bottle better.  Then I proceed to spill my pumped liquid gold.  Oh this is just freakin' awesome.

Then I notice my throat is on fire---and then I come to the realization I am getting sick.  Just GREAT.  I don't have time to be sick!

Finally at around 8:30 and both kids are in bed I curl up next to the husband to watch reruns of Duck Dynasty.

So here is to another day my friends...pray that I fight off this snot and sore throat that is trying to overtake me.

Oh and on top of everything Google announced they are getting rid of Google Reader, which is how I follow your lovely blogs.  I am trying out Bloglovin, so you can follow me from there.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

How do you keep up with your blogs that you follow?




17 comments:

  1. Ah, that does soundalike a tough one! My toddler is running around doing the exact same thing. He was sent home sick yet wanted to run around like a wild man! I'm headed to follow you on BlogLovin! I'm on there somewhere, find me! I can't believe google reader is shutting down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. Yesterday between 5-6 was terrible for me too. Both kids SCREAMING. Hadley beyond tired, wouldn't nap or let me put her down, not even in the swing which usually does the trick. T refusing to eat dinner and making a huge old mess out of it. Ahhhhhhhhh! Is Conley sleeping through the night??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you had such a rough day! I hope and pray that everyone gets better and you don't get sick! I'm following you through Bloglovin'. So far it seems like it will work well and may even make commenting easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww sorry lady that is no fun. Unfortunately MOST of my days the last few weeks have been like that. Leah is not wanting to nap at all anymore so it is a battle everyday just to get her to stay in her room for quiet time. And I can tell she is tired she is just fighting it and then acting fussy! She wakes Carter up every time I get him to sleep too. UGH our job is NOT for the weak!! :) Hope you don't get sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. What a tough day!

    I am now following you through bloglovin' too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh mama, so sorry! Days like that make me want to crawl in bed and cry too! Take some elderberry syrup to ward off the sickies, as well as some Emergen-C! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good gracious. I'm having trouble with one child at three weeks old. I can't imagine your day... Except for the vivid post. Yikes!

    Seriously about google reader?! I didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added you on blog lovin. I am putting my husband in charge of researching readers for me though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry that the house is under the weather! Hopefully, come the weekend, all will be well again! Feel better :) And maybe a virtual hug or two to you!

    P.S. I followed on bloglovin' I'm slightly freaking out that GFC is disappearing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. boo on the bad day! I hope today was better!! I almost cried last night when I heard about it!! I need to find another feed reader.. I love the next button you can install with google reader that allows you to load the next unread blog post on the actual site. That way I don't have to click over to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy, that IS tough. So sorry to hear. Hope you're feeling better!

    I just started using Feedly to replace Google Reader and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a day! I am so hoping you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh you know I feel your pain. just as I finally got all the kids healthy, I wake up with a cold today.

    although, after that flu like plague, a common cold feels like a piece of cake. except my one eye keeps watering....it's driving me crazy! of all things eh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you poor thing Natalie! I hope you are all feeling 100% in no time. Just know that you are not alone in days like that...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have several of those days, and they suck. Changing the crib fitted sheet is the worst. I almost dislocate my shoulder doing it!
    I'm already following you on BlogLovin I'm at
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/5490763
    BUT I think I'm going to use Feedly. Not positive, but I like its layout a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have so had days like that! It seems a lot lately! Part of it is my own fault because if I am on the computer too much, my kids let me know by acting a fool!

    I use bloglovin too. I like it. It is really easy to follow and I love how they email me a daily update!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not going to worry about changing the way that I follow until June. I figure I'll let everyone else try other things out and review what works best instead of floundering through a few different methods myself.

    What is WITH the Quest for Crystal Mickey? My son is obsessed with that particular episode too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips