Friday, March 1, 2013

Toddler Learning

Recently, I started a weekly learning session with Nolan.  My friend Rach from Life Ever Since referred me to to this link.

We are on week five, and I am very happy with it.  I start it every Monday, and review the theme of the week, vocabulary word, number, letter, shape, color, and nursery rhyme with Nolan.

This program has supporting songs, rhymes, books, and coloring pages to support the learning theme of the week.

It also gives you the freedom to do different activities and to take it wherever you want to go.  I like having this link for a lesson plan because it helps hold me accountable.  Before I used it I knew that I wanted to set aside to teach Nolan, but I didn't know where to start.  This helps give me a base, and then depending on the theme I can adjust to my teaching style and Nolan's learning ability.



He really enjoys it, and every time he sees it he will start naming everything.  Please ignore my poor drawing skills...I really had no idea how hard drawing an octagon could be!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Happy Friday and Happy Learning!

Natalie

17 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! I will check this site out this weekend! Don't forget to check out my giveaway... post is It's. A Tastebud Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I need to check the link out, would be fun to do with my 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you send me more information. Like how long does this session last? How do you make it fun for him? And are their milestones that you are supposed to hit? I'm really interested in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this! I wanted to start doing something a little more structured with E and this sounds perfect. I'm heading to check out the link now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great board! Thank you so much for sharing. I know my 3yo would benefit from it, and I think it'd be a great home supplement for my kindergardener.

    Your newest follower,
    xo Ami
    a champagne dream

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this, I need to check the link out and start my daughter with this too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this site! We are starting Monday! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a great idea! how does he like it so far?

    I was uncreative and stuck with the tried and true flash cards. well, to be honest, my drawing ability is even worse - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this!! Sounds like a great plan...I'm off to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! I love this concept that you get to do activities and lessons with your kids! I bet Nolan is really enjoying and benefiting from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea! I love it! We've been supplementing Nathan's pre-school homework with some additional "work" and this might be perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! I am heading over to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you! And how nice to have all the resources in one site like that. I used to do a Time for Tots day once a week with my kids-- I really need to get back into it with Ryder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE this. These are the kinds of things I would love to do if I was at home with my kids. These are the same things my babies learn at school/daycare. We pretty much re-enforce the things they learn there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I really miss the preschool stage. I do enjoy the stages I'm at with both of my boys, but some of that preschool wonder and amazement just makes my heart smile!
    GReat job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you're liking it! I've slacked off a bit due to sickness and travel but we'll pick it back up in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it!! You are doing a great job mama! If you are ever looking for some ideas I did this thing with Sammy called Tot School and had a blast playing and learning! Here is a link to the label: http://www.bytesofmemory.com/search/label/Tot%20School

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips