Thursday, March 7, 2013

Toddler Busy Bags

I am lucky to be part of an amazing mom group here in town.  We began our connection by joining our local Stroller Strides group, and after the franchise closed we still continued our friendships.  Our group consists of twelve moms, and children from the ages of two months to almost three years old.  The youngest is actually a second baby to this mom and then Conley is the next youngest.  Currently, three other moms are due with their second babies, so it's been so helpful to have others going through the same experience of having two young children.

These ladies have been unbelievable throughout this motherhood journey and especially leading up to the birth of Conley and after.  We do Mother Night's Out at different cool restaurants, we do weekly play dates  text to meet up when the weather is nice to go to the park, and when someone is having a baby we bring them meals and use the online website Take Them a Meal.

A few nights ago, we met up to make Toddler Busy Bags because one mom was going to make one for her daughter, and she figured why not invite the rest of us.

So we all brought some food and wine and chatted it up while making these AWESOME toddler activity bags. Here's my loot (10 bags) and also the Pinterest links for the activities.


Nolan loving the Brown Bear matching game:


Button Snake:




Lacing Cards:


Magnetic Pom Poms:


Popsicle Color/Shape Activity:


Brown Bear Matching Cards:


Pool Noodle Lacing:


Clothespin Number/Color Match Game:


Make a Pizza:


Clothespin Color Matching Game:

So far the games I have tried with Nolan have been a huge hit!  We all voted on the games to narrow down what we would make.  As the kids grow, we'll make some more that have more difficulty.

And always remember you can follow me on Pinterest to see more Toddler Learning Activities that I have been pinning!

Natalie

19 comments:

  1. these are great ideas, natalie! will surely make any toddler occupied. And oh, we're starting down here the learning poster you've posted couple of days ago. that was great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bags, and lucky you, to have such a wonderful group of like-minded mom friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. I wish I could find a group like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great moms group. My moms group did that a few months ago too and we even did some of those same bags! It really is fun to have some different activities for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these going through my Pinterest feed yesterday! Such great ideas! Thanks for sharing. I've got to put some of these together for Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas! I love the pizza one, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute things! And even more fun to make them with a group of friends, that really is lucky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! I need to put something like this together for my girls. They would love it! I'll be checking out your Pinterest board soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I have been looking for some good activites for E- I will definitely be trying some of these!
    Thanks!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for emailing me all of these! I pinned them too and can't wait to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so great that you have a group of moms to get together with and learn from! I hope that when we have kids I'll have the same kind of group. I think it would be so helpful not to mention help keep your sanity and interact with other adults! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun!! :-) Those look like some wonderful busy bags!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so nice to have a group of ladies that are going through similar stages in life as you.
    Good ideas for indoor play :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it and pinned it. Found you through SITS. These are going to come in super handy if I can get a few made before baby #2 gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so neat!! What a great way to interact and teach your toddler new things without spending a fortune on toys!! Thanks for sharing Natalie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How great that you found such an amazing group of moms! These activities look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO important to have a group of friends that are going through the motherhood journey with you! Glad you have a good group!
    Those toddler bags are a great idea. I may have to make some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love! In fact, I'm going to plan a fun night for my mom's group!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We love busy bags!

    Following you on Pinterest now from UBP13

    ~There's Just One Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips