Who's excited it is Thursday? I know I AM! My husband is off tomorrow and Monday, so we've got a long weekend. Probably not a lot of relaxing but working in our new flower beds and trying to get our new back ones formed. And of course Easter---tomorrow Nolan will go to his first Easter Egg Hunt. It's mostly younger kids so it should be a pretty good one for him to have as a starter.
In May, we are going on our 2nd beach vacay with little boy and our last as a family of three. I'm looking for 5 guest posters for that week---any takers? Just comment and let me know!
Last time we went it was definitely a challenging time since all Nolan wanted to do was eat the sand. I think this time will be a lot more fun because 1) He's walking, 2) He's older, 3) He puts less items in his mouth. Oh I'm sure we'll have some sand intake but less than last time.
Any suggestions on having an 18 month old on the beach? It could be from toys to sunscreen---or just any tactics you use. We do have a pop up beach tent that we used last time that came in super handy.
Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!
Yay for your hubby having off this weekend! M doesn't have off tomorrow so I'm having an "Amanda" day, hehe. Let me know if you want a guest poster, and I'd be happy to help. :)
ReplyDeletejust bring different sand toys -- always a big hit. make sure one is those things with the screen/mesh bottom: they can sift through sand to discover stuff All Day Long. squirters are good too. bubbles.
ReplyDeletewe also bring something to collect seashells, rocks, etc. they like to bring the beach home - LOL
Oooh a beach vacay sounds lovely and will be so nice for you guys before baby #2 arrives!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your long weekend together over Easter and happy planting :)
Hope Nolan finds ALL the eggs!
His first Easter egg hunt...how fun! I love watching my girls hunt for eggs. I think I get more excited than they do! =)
ReplyDeleteAs for the beach, I'd take a little hat. If he'll wear it, it'll definitely help with the sun.
Have a great long weekend and Happy Easter!
P.S. Not sure what you want in the way of guest posting, but if you think I'd be a good fit, I'd be glad to help.
We are going to the beach in a few weeks too and im so excited to experience it with carter! Hope you have a great weekend with family.
ReplyDeleteIve never guest posted before but id love to if you need someone
I'd be thrilled to return the favor, friend!
ReplyDeleteI'd totally guest post!
ReplyDeleteYay for vacations! AND long weekends :)
I'll be really interested to hear your tips when you are back! Evie will be about 17 mos when we go this summer... the last time she was 3 mos old and just you know, slept the whole time. Haha! I'd say plan on getting out there early and staying indoors betweent 11-2 and then back out. That's what I see most people who have toddlers doing!!! You'll have a blast no matter!
ReplyDeleteIf you need guest posters, I'm game, just let me know. :)
How fun! I love vacations. We haven't been on one since G has been born, and to be honest I'm a little afraid to travel with her. I just don't know how she would do. I will guest post if you still need someone, just let me know =)
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! I wish Jack was walking so we could partake in easter egg hunts this year..oh well. And I am super jealous of your trip to the beach! I'm hoping we'll get there this summer but just not sure if it's feasible yet! What week are you looking for guest posters in may?
ReplyDeletehave a great Easter and a great vacation!!!
ReplyDeleteI just remember Will having a major 32 on the beach and that was not fun at all! I always have extra wipes and snacks. My husband dug a huge hole in the sand and Will was totally content digging in there.
ReplyDeleteBest sunscreen...Aveeno. Its more expensive but does't dry their sensitive skin.
Happy Easter to you as well!
meant to say #2..haha..that's what i get for typing with one hand.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous about y'all's long weekend. I wish we were on school schedule at work and got tomorrow off lol beach vacay sounds so fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO jealous of your beach vacation! I've been daydreaming of a getaway. I think toys are probably the ticket on the beach. And maybe a couple of new ones each day?
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how it goes. I hope you get a little relaxation in!
I'm happy to guest post anytime.
On our last vacation thought that the spray sunscreen would be great for the kids... wrong. When they are so little and wiggle so much it is so much easier to spray into their eyes. Which I did. Not good. Plus, I have heard that it isn't good for them to breath it in either.
ReplyDeleteOn our last vacation thought that the spray sunscreen would be great for the kids... wrong. When they are so little and wiggle so much it is so much easier to spray into their eyes. Which I did. Not good. Plus, I have heard that it isn't good for them to breath it in either.
ReplyDeleteOn our last vacation thought that the spray sunscreen would be great for the kids... wrong. When they are so little and wiggle so much it is so much easier to spray into their eyes. Which I did. Not good. Plus, I have heard that it isn't good for them to breath it in either.
ReplyDeleteYay it's almost the weekend for you! We take Sammy to the beach every year since he was about 5 months old. We would go down there pretty early.. go home for lunch have a nap.. then go to the pool in the afternoon.. We are right on the beach so that makes it easy to come and go as we want!
ReplyDeleteGet some of the spray sunscreen- make sure it is the No Rub kind- very important. It is really hard to re-sunscreen a sandy kid- so the spray is a life savor. I would love to do a guest post for you
ReplyDeleteHow exciting a trip....
ReplyDeleteLet's see just your typical beach toys and the tent is a great idea for their little skin.
Don't forget a little first aid kit just in case :-)
We went to the beach last year and Mallory was 17 months old and had a blast! It's great to just let them have a shovel and the freedom of running in the sand. She loved the water, so we did our best to chase after her, but also let her have a few tumbles in the waves to get used to it. Can't wait to go with her again! Hope you guys have a great weekend together!
ReplyDeleteuhhh I have no advice for the 18 month old and sand issue. But when I have an 18 month old, I'll come find you for advice on what you did ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have a lot of responses, but if you need another, and it's mid-late May, I'd be happy to help. I'll be gone the end of April, early May, myself, so if you'd like to write something for me, you're welcome to! ;-)
it will be fun..kids and beach go together!! we rent an umbrella for the week...they set it up and it keeps little ones in the shade at least while they eat!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter.
I can't wait to hear all about the Easter egg hunt. It sounds like fun. I am also a lite jealous of the beach vacay. I would love to guest post if you are still looking.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Easter, Natalie :)
ReplyDeleteI'd love to guest post.
ReplyDeleteBaby power for getting sand off. Shovels, buckets, pails, puddle jumper for the water.
Ahhh, yay beach! I need to go soon. I haven't been in awhile!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a super fun Easter! I love my tent when we beach it. Yes, I would love to guest post- do you want to do one for me too,lol. I am gone for 10 days- I have a bunch of awesome bloggers lined up but would love to include you:) LMK:)
ReplyDeleteLots of sunscreen and snacks for the beach. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteIf you rub baby powder on him after playing in the sand, the sand will come off easily. JDaniel loved it when I hid a shell in the sand and he could dig for it.
ReplyDeleteOh! I can guest post if you still need someone!
ReplyDelete