Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Before and After

It has been completely crazy around these parts lately.  We've been on home renovation overload for the past few weeks.  We now have new siding---which looks AWESOME and 10 times better than what we had before.  Last weekend my husband painted the foundation gray to match since it was previously brown, and he also painted our whole shed that was also the same colors as the house.  We had new gutters put on (yes that part is a little less glamorous but much needed after the storm damage last year), and we now have trees!  We literally had like 2 trees on our property...now we have like 20!  So now it's time for some before and after pics.  I'll wait to take some pics of the trees to give them time to bloom and grow.  Anyways, without further ado:

Our house BEFORE:
(Light yellow siding with green shutters and accents)
Our house AFTER:
(Grey siding, black shutters, pewter cedar shakes in the gables, and white gable vents)


Please ignore the huge laurel and boxwoods.  They have all been removed and will be replaced with smaller plants that don't try to take over the house.  We are also changing our front porch/entrance so stay tuned!

(Sidenote: These pics are without the new gutters, they came after I snapped these!)

30 comments:

  1. Looks amazing!! I love the gray, such difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, love the bump below!! Home stuff is painstakingly fun. That's the phrase I'll use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - who would have thought a change in colour could have such a big effect! I love it!

    and I am secretly dying to get into your dirt -- now that I know you ripped those bushes out. I hope that doesn't weird you out - ha - but the winter's are long for garden lover's up here! We have to make do by planning other people's landscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great!!! I love grey houses.... when we painted ours, I wanted grey, but it had a green roof (yuck) that doesn't need to be replaced, so I had to work with that. I can't want to see the rest of your changes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new colors make the house look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how it turned out! The colors are beautiful. I can't wait to see all of the other fun stuff y'all have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it really looks amazing, can you come to the Netherlands to help us over here?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new colors! The black and the grey is so sharp-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That grey looks great! Awesome job you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's quite the difference. Can't wait to see when the porch is remodeled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it too drastic to say that your house looks COMPLETELY different and so much better!? Not that it was bad before, but this is definitely more timeless, and more you :) Happy Friday, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! I especially love the shakes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Looks awesome! Loving the grey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so cute! I love how you have the dark gray at the top of the house. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a cute house! The gray looks nice. Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great! The front door will look amazing with a beautiful red wreath during xmas next year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous--i adore your house and cute style!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice. So there are so many things I want to change about my house it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely!! Cannot wait to see how it looks without the bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love love love the grey!! It looks so good!! Can't wait to see it all. We need to plant some trees!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, I tagged you in the 11 Random Things meme!  Come by my site and check it out.  It's fun.  I never know who likes to participate in tags or not, so if you don't prefer to do it, that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! I bet it feels SO good to have that project completed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! What a difference! It looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! What a difference! It looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a really lovely house Natalie!! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love what you did!! Two days ago, we went for a walk in my old neighborhood and I was blown away by what the new owners did with our old house.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks SO good!! What a difference! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips